Audit Associate at JM Associates
JM Associates is a firm established to provide professional and quality services to small and medium enterprises in the areas of audit, advisory and tax.
Our facilities are tailor-made to the needs of the business to enable our clients make informed financial decisions, making their businesses more profitable.
Combining insight and innovation from multiple disciplines and industries, we help great organizations excel no matter what they do and where they are in the region.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist in reporting of the financial reports on daily/monthly/yearly basis in the security audits, information system audits, environmental audits, etc.
- Manage the reports and see to it that they are accurate, to the point and made in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Auditing is an integrated act where the financial records must be expressed in view to the organizations internal control over the financial reporting.
- Help the auditor to make reports which confirm with the company standards, corporate policies, acknowledged by the ISO standards.
- Coordinate the activities with the staff and the senior auditor concerned.
- Prepare balance sheets in the interest of the organization.
- Inspect and correlate the overall audit report with the balance sheets provided and report it to the seniors for approval detect frauds and bring it to the notice of the senior auditors.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Ability to observe and understand business processes ensuring processes are documented completely and accurately.
- Strong double entry accounting knowledge and basic bookkeeping skills
- Basic Tax knowledge desirable
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication skills are essential
- Experience of statutory and management accounts preparation
- Evidence of being a motivated self-starter with the ability to multitask, work under pressure and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines..
- Proactive in researching business best practice concepts in order to apply as appropriate.
- Solid listening skills and ability to identify gaps in logic – inquisitive
- Strong organization and follow up skills including the ability to handle competing priorities and meet all deadlines and commitments
- Ability to give and follow instructions accurately and efficiently proactive in asking clarifying questions to ensure work effort is directed wholly toward desired outcome.
- Ability to recognize when learned theoretical concepts should be applied
- Solid understanding and ability to apply risk and control concepts
- Ability to identify underlying cause of an issue raise.
- Good awareness of other departments in the company with risk control and governance responsibilities and what is necessary for successful tactical collaboration and information sharing.
- Ability to identify sensitive issues and facilitate communications in a proactive manner to avoid surprises.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to new circumstances information and challenges
- Executes effective and thorough application of all internal audit standards within assigned responsibility
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally Demonstrate a positive can-do attitude
Education and Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting finance technology or the equivalent combination of education training and work experience.
- A Minimum of at least 2 years’ experience is required as well as one or more relevant professional certifications or pursuing completion of the professional courses (i.e. CPA, ACCA)
- Public accounting firm experience is desirable but not required
The post Audit Associate at JM Associates appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.