Auto Mechanic | ReliefWeb
WE is a movement that believes when we come together we can create an even better world. WE makes it easy for you to get involved – whether at home, school or work – by offering resources to help you create positive social change in your community and around the world.
Through WE Charity initiatives, WE empowers communities to lift themselves out of poverty through our holistic, sustainable international development model, WE Villages.
In Canada, the US, and the UK, WE Day and WE Schools are initiatives of WE Charity that educate and empower young people. WE Schools is a yearlong educational program that nurtures compassion in students and gives them the tools to create transformative social change. WE Day is a series of stadium-sized events that celebrate youth making a difference in their local and global communities.
ME to WE is an innovative social enterprise that provides people with better choices for a better world. We offer socially conscious and environmentally friendly products as well as life changing experiences. ME to WE measures the bottom line not by dollars earned, but by the number of lives changed and the positive social and environmental impact made. Half of ME to WE’s net profit is donated to WE Charity. The other half is reinvested to grow the enterprise and its social mission.
WE is looking for an outstanding Auto Mechanic.
The position will be based in Narok County, Kenya
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform general maintenance and repairs of motor vehicles for all major and minor repairs
- Inspect vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately
- Inspect vehicle computer and electronic systems for repair, maintenance and upgrade
- Implement preventive maintenance of vehicles by inspecting, testing, checking engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation, wheel balancing, replacing filters amongst others
- Conduct routine maintenance work to increase longevity by replacing faulty parts to vehicle functionality
- Schedule future maintenance sessions and advise motorists on good vehicle use
- Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts and fix any issues (e.g. leaks)
- Provide accurate estimates (cost, time, effort) for a repair or maintenance job
- Maintain vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting them
- Keep logs on work orders, material requests and vehicle issues
- Conserve equipment and tools in good condition
- Carry out other mechanical duties
Minimum Skills and Qualifications Required
· Minimum government grade test 3 or equivalent Diploma/Certificate
· At least 3 years’ experience as a motor vehicle mechanic
- Knowledge of vehicle diagnostic methods and systems
- Ability to handle range of various tools (e.g. pliers) and heavy equipment (e.g. lift)
- Knowledge and understanding of all safety precautions for accidents, dangerous fluids, chemicals etc
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic components of vehicles
- Must be in excellent physical condition
- Should possess excellent problem-solving skills
- Communication skills