Banquets Supervisor at Ole-Sereni | Jobs in Kenya
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
Reports to the Banquets Manager and his responsible for directing and supervising the activities of the banquet servers and casuals assigned in the function that he/she covers.
Previous F&B experience required.
Previous supervisory experience required.
Above average verbal and written communication skills required.
Must possess computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Must possess outstanding guest service skills.
Previous money handling experience with basic math skills required.
Ability to organize/prioritize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
Ability to make decisions and accommodate a flexible work schedule.
- Assists the Banquets Manager in supervising the day to day operation of the Banquet Department.
- To conduct the functions of the Banquets Manager in his absence
- To conduct daily briefings and ensure that shift beginning and shift end briefings are being held at the beginning and end of each shift
- To ensure that all banquet functions are conducted in a pre-planned manner, keeping the guest’s request in mind. Also to ensure that such events do not disturb guests in other areas of the Hotel
- Always holds pre-function meetings to ensure that all employees have pertinent information and station assignments
- To ensure that banquet rooms are set up to the required standard, and as per the standards/ guest request.
- Inspect table set-ups; check for cleanliness, neatness and agreement with group requirements and departmental standards; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Check buffet tables/receptions/coffee breaks for cleanliness, attractiveness, layout; ensure agreement with function order and departmental standards; resolve any problems. Ensure replenishment of items as specified on event orders and requested by group contact.
- Check bar set-ups for cleanliness, organization and agreement with group requirements and departmental standards; resolve any problems.
- Continually monitors banquet function(s) as assigned and informs Manager of any problems that need to be addressed.
- Effectively supervises the activities of all Banquet Food Servers and Bartenders in the function rooms during assigned shift, ensuring all functional job duties are performed according to established departmental policy/procedure
- Inspect banquet areas at end of function to ensure all equipment is returned to its proper area and all areas are clean.
- Ensure that unused food is returned to the Kitchen, that designated condiments are broken down and properly stored (butters, cream, dressings, etc.) and that all Banquet supplies are returned to designated storage areas.
- Ensures that all banquet checks are settled at the end of each function and entered into the POS System
- To originate for approval by the Banquet Manager the general stores requisition, beverage requisition and the kitchen requisition.
- To maintain par stocks for silverware, china, linen, dry food stuff, stationary and non-alcoholic beverages. Also, to revise these par stocks as per seasonal changes
- Supervises monthly inventory of operating equipment in coordination with the Revenue Controller.
- Responsible for maintaining reasonable cost control in the department without compromising on quality
- To account for the spoilage of food and beverage items and breakage of glassware and china
- Makes endorsement in the logbook at the end of the shift all guest comments, complains, accidents, unusual events or any matter that will affect the following shift
- To ensure proper posting of bills and accounting of all guest cheques and staff tips
- To identify training needs and to train banqueting staff.
- To ensure the grooming of his staff as per the standard laid down by the management
- To undertake special duties or work outside the normal daily/weekly routine but within the overall scope of the position as per the request of the Banquet Manager.
- To ensure that company property is safe to use, cleaned appropriately, and kept secure at all times.
- To run departmental staff briefings daily.
- Prepare weekly work schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labor forecasts.
- Adjust schedules throughout the week to meet the business demands.
- To hire casuals for events in coordination with the Banquet Manager and to ensure they comply with our grooming standards
- To participate in any training/development schemes required by management