Beginner Level ICT Trainer (2 Positions ) at NairoBits Trust
NairoBits Trust positively changes the lives of vulnerable youth by improving their ability to contribute to their socio-economic well-being through ICT. The Trust empowers marginalized youth between ages of 15 to 24 living in the Urban Informal Settlements. The Trust envisages a situation where 70% of the urban informal settlement youth can be able to access Information Communication Technology (ICT) skills that would improve their chances of getting employment as well as increase their ability to enter the business market. The Trust develops the youth’s character by inculcating critical elements of personal confidence, self-esteem, and general life skills. Mission NairoBits exists to positively change the lives of vulnerable youth by improving their ability to contribute to their socio-economic well-being through creativity and innovation using ICT.
About The Job:
This job involves training ICT skills to young people in line with the NairoBits curriculum. The job holder shall be responsible for wholesome knowledge transfer to the trainees. This involves creating an enabling environment for learning and development.
The Trainers will be reporting to NairoBits Training Coordinator who oversees all training activities in NairoBits
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare high-quality training materials in accordance with the NairoBits curriculum in close consultation with the Training Coordinator
- Ensure that all training material meet market standards in the ICT sub-sector
- Carry out training of the modules and administer relevant tests to the trainees in line with the curriculum.
- Configure and fine-tune IT equipment at the NairoBits center to achieve optimum performance.
- Participate in NairoBits activities e.g. recruitments, interviews, graduations, stakeholder meetings, etc.
- Prepare relevant training & center compliance reports.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent Knowledge and Skill to use Microsoft Suite.
- Excellent knowledge and skill of Design tools ( Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe XD)
- Impeccable training, facilitation & mentorship skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High integrity.
- Can work under minimal supervision.
- Minimum Diploma in Education, IT, Computer Science or related field (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Professional training in IT or IT ToT
- Certification in ICT shall be an added advantage
- At least 2 years in IT training and user support in a busy environment
Excellent English language skills essential both in spoken and written.
The post Beginner Level ICT Trainer (2 Positions ) at NairoBits Trust appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.