Behavior Change Director, Western Kenya – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Activities (WASH)
Winrock is seeking Behavior Change Director candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH)project in Kenya. The project will apply a facilitative approach, working across government, private sector, and civil society, to strengthen availability, accessibility and reliability of WASH services. The project will foster close alliances with county governments and build their capacity for service delivery and regulation, while applying a market-driven lens to support private sector WASH service and equipment providers to deliver services to communities in Kenya. This position is contingent on receipt of donor funding.
- Provide technical leadership to activities that drive normative change and behavior change strategies, plans, and campaigns.
- Test and scale market-led mechanisms to promote and deliver inputs, services and technologies to motivate consumers to invest in WASH products and services.
- Crafting, field-test, and manage behavior change messaging
- Conduct training and capacity building activities related to behavior change practices for service providers.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
- Master’s degree required in behavioral or social sciences
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience, including 5 years’ experience managing behavior change campaigns
- Relevant technical knowledge, skills, and extensive work in designing behavior change strategies, messages, tools and materials, media plans, and capacity building plans
- Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse public and private partners and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience integrating Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) into water security and livelihoods programming.
- Technical understanding of water resource management and sanitation.
- Knowledge of the political, social, cultural, environmental, and development context of Kenya strongly preferred.
- Ability to build coalitions and networks that can provide synergies and sustainable solutions for the project.
- Strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written, to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the initiative and to effectively coordinate with a wide range of regional stakeholders.
- Fluency in English and Swahili required
*Please note that all CVs must be submitted in English.
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.
How to apply
Qualified candidates are asked to submit their CV and cover letter via the Winrock careers page at: https://www.winrock.org/join-us/careers/job-openings/?gh_jid=4777078002&…