Blending Technician at Diageo
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character, and in 250 years, nothing’s changed. We’re the world’s leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons. And our success is thanks to the strength of our people, in every role. It’s why we trust them with our legacy. And it’s why we reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve. Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve these, we need the world’s very best people. Feel inspired? Then this may be the opportunity for you.
UDV operates within a multi-cultural, multinational, multi-currency environment. UDV is involved in production of spirits. The technician will be responsible for operating assigned machines/process, monitoring and maintaining machine/process documentation required by the different systems and standards in place. Additionally, this role has maintenance responsibilities as assigned by Shift Manager/ACM. Other one-off responsibilities might be assigned based on situations but within the confines of the role
The role works closely with Asset Care Team (Technicians, Planner and ACM), Quality Analysts, Materials Clerks, Shift Managers, and other technicians within team and those in other teams
UDV has a Blending Plant for products at 40% ABV, an RTD blending plant, and a Packaging Plant which has 4 Lines with annual capacity of 5.6m EUs. UDV operates in an FMCG environment in which it controls about 60% of the spirits market, with a huge potential for further growth, both within and outside the country. It now has all its production operations carried out on one site. UDV sells most of its products mainly in the local market. However, it sells a lot of spirits products in Great Lakes Region. UDV produces locally crafted brands but also produces some global brands (Smirnoff Vodka, Gilbeys Gin, Captain Morgan, Mr Dowels, Orijin Bitters) under licence. UDV plant exists in the same geographical location with Tusker Brewery whose capacity is 5.4m HLs has and packaging capacity of 7.0m HL.
Purpose of Role
To efficiently operate process machines to produce high quality UDV products/services to meet both local and international standards in a safe environment and at the lowest cost.
The role reports into the Shift Manager.
- Tusker Brewery has 6 packaging Lines (3 Bottling Lines, 2 Kegging Lines and a Canning Line)
- UDV has major interfaces with the Tusker since the two sites share the same Utilities Plant, RTDs are packaged in the Beer Lines and both plants are served by the one Logistics set up(warehouse and resources).
UDV is an integrated Supply and Demand businesses producing Spirits for local and East Africa markets.
The roles involve engagement with;
- Production teams
- Quality team,
- Asset care team
- Material Clerks
- Logistics team
- 3rd Parties Resources
Leadership Responsibilities and Decision Making Rights
- Sets demanding and stretching targets for self and team
- Confronts difficult issues and takes personal ownership to resolve
- Take accountability & ownership of team goals
- Strong team player
- Ability to build trust with team members
- Offload Neutral Spirit supplied from the various sources through the intake process into the bulk holding tanks at 96% ABV
- Offload the necessary concentrate and flavours into the relevant holding tanks and Project Trigger Requirements
- Schedule destination tanks for the neutral spirit being offloaded to ensure trucks are offloaded at the shortest time possible
- Schedule tanks for blending of products required guided by the packaging plan to meet the targeted finished goods volume by shift, day and week.
- Blend the required brands as guided by the (BTMs) Brand Technical Manuals and Recipes to meet the necessary quality and brand attributes to service the packaging plan.
- Operate the Charcoal filtration plant for Smirnoff Vodka and Kenyan vodkas to meet the BTM specification
- Run the associated blending plant activities and operations to ensure plant objectives are met
- Maintain the required documentation for the offloading and blending processes, materials consumed and residual materials to be used as entries into SAP by the Materials Team
- Prepare operations reports in offloading, blending and materials handling for the period on duty to be circulated to relevant stakeholders for decision making
- Operate the demineralised water plant and maintain the records in place for the plant in compliance with Food Safety requirements, given that it’s an OPRP
- Liaise with the RTD blenders in service of the RTD production plan that’s packed in the Beer Packaging Plant
- Run stock counts and reconciliation for the materials issued/in blending operation to ensure all established controls are adhered to.
- Work in liaison with Materials Team to compute process losses and take action to eliminate the losses
- Participate in team continuous improvement activities to achieve set outcomes for targeted KPIs
- Participate in problem solving with focus on corrective and preventative action for Quality issues and Non-conformances.
- Ensure Implementation of Food safety, Quality, Environment and Safety Management Systems according to FSSC 22000, ISO 9001, ISO14001 and BS 18001 requirements respectively
- Maintain the plant hygiene standards for a food production facility in liaison with the cleaning service provider
- Participate in CAPEX project implementation in the blending plant
- Participate in trouble shooting product/equipment non-conformance/ breakdowns
- Operate and maintain the sugar dissolving plant 4.
- Operate and maintain Kenya cane syrup plant
- Receive raw materials (flavours and sugar) from the Main stores
- Participate in product release (tasting) of blends and finished goods
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Minimum Higher Diploma in Science & Food Technology
- University Degree an added advantage – Science & Food Technology
- Experience in HACCP.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
The post Blending Technician at Diageo appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.