British American Tobacco Apprenticeship Programme 2020
Few companies founded in 1902 are still going from strength to strength. Fewer still are leaders in more than 55 markets. And with one billion adult smokers around the world, we manufacture the cigarettes chosen by around one in eight of them. We take our business and our impact very seriously. We know the tobacco industry is a controversial one, and so it’s all the more important that we act responsibly, from the sourcing of tobacco leaf right through to how we market our products to adult consumers. Global to local Our business operates at a local, as well as global, level.
Contractual Legal Entity BAT Kenya plc (KE10)
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice — whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion-dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We also excel at developing our own people into leaders of the future. As an organization with a high-performance culture, we’ll expect a lot from you. But we’ll support you every step of the way to help you deliver. If you’re passionate and ambitious, rapid career progression is a reality here. And because we’re such a large company (we employ more than 55,000 people worldwide), there are plenty of exciting opportunities for you to develop a truly extraordinary career.
Ready to boost your skills and build a career through unique and practical projects?
British American Tobacco has an exciting opportunity for 6 Apprentices to join our team in the Nairobi Factory, working through a structured plan and defined set of deliverables,
to learn to operate at one of our technologies in SMD; a Protos Cigarette Maker or a GD Cigarette Packer or a KDF Filter Maker, including learning basic machine settings and learning basic maintenance on the same in SMD in order to consistently achieve set quality parameters.
- Learn to carry out basic machine settings e.g. changing garniture tape, knives & settings such circumference control during production etc.
- Learn to monitor product quality as per the specifications sheets and record the data on quality checklists and take corrective measures as and when necessary.
- Report machine running faults and corrective measures taken on machine cards on hourly basis and recommend preventive maintenance when necessary by filling in maintenance request forms.
- Monitor and control waste from the machines by making proper machine settings or requesting a competent person to do it, to minimize waste and recovering good quality cigarettes from waste packets.
- Participate in maintenance when required as part of development & training process
- Carry out Cleaning, Inspection & Lubrication as per the checklists and procedures provided on the machine
- Accurately capture data on machine cards, quality checklists and detector checklists.
- Learn how to control cost through optimum spares usage and downtime reduction.
- Coordinate with other Team members and Technical Executives to ensure smooth start-ups, services restarting after power interruptions and concise hand over between shifts
- Coordinate with other Team members, SDWT team leaders, Technical Executives, QA supervisors & Shift managers to ensure delivery of quality products on time in full.
- Build effective networks and working relationship with a view to leverage on it to build expertise and experience.
Knowledge, Skills And Experience
- The Job Holder must have at least an Ordinary National Diploma in Engineering
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar position in a manufacturing environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are necessary to effectively work in a team and communicate with the team members, managers and other stakeholders from other sections/departments
British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange.
Our portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands – Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans – along with many other leading international brands, such as Vogue, Peter Stuyvesant and State Express 555.
Alongside our traditional tobacco business, we are also developing products that offer consumers potentially less risky alternatives to regular cigarettes. Our Next Generation Products are already leading the way in the Industry of vapour and tobacco heating devices. We continue to develop a solid portfolio of consumer solutions which already include well known global brands like Vype, glo and Voke.
The post British American Tobacco Apprenticeship Programme 2020 appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.