Budget & Programming Associate G6 at World Food Programme
The World Food Programme is the food assistance branch of the United Nations and the world’s largest humanitarian organization addressing hunger and promoting food security.
The Budget and Programming Unit in the Regional Bureau for East and Central Africa (RBN) needs to strengthen its national capacity through the creation of a Budget and Programming position. The role will provide a range of specialized support for efficient planning, monitoring and analysis of project financial performance to enhance optimal use of finances.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Economics/Business, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics or different fields with relevant work experience.
Working Experience: Three (3) to Five (5) years’ experience in financial analysis, supply chain, budgetary and resource management analysis or related field experiences.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written English. Intermediate knowledge of French would be an advantage.
Technical Skills and Knowledge: Comprehensive analytical skills and advanced level of knowledge in application such as Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SAP and Tableau
Key Accountabilities (Not Inclusive)
What you will do:
- Review budget plans, monitor and analyze project financial performance and make recommendations in compliance with WFP financial policies and procedures and best practices, to support financial analysis and optimization of resources.
- Provide comprehensive analysis on fund and grant balances identifying surpluses and deficits, and suggest corrective measures, to support maximum fund utilization and decision-making process.
- Support pipeline management ensuring efficient monitoring, to prevent and address pipeline breaks and maximize operational effectiveness.
- Contribute to the improvement of internal processes, enhancement of corporate systems and design of tools, to facilitate the overall planning, expenditure forecasting, and budget management and monitoring of resource utilization.
- Enter project budget plans and revisions in the corporate systems, to ensure data is timely and accurately captured enabling easy access to information and supporting planning and decision-making.
- Review, compile and analyse data, maintain accurate records and files and prepare periodic and ad hoc reports, to support accuracy and efficiency of information presented to internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain communication with a number of stakeholders regarding project funds management matters and related processes, to clarify any discrepancies and optimise use of funds.
- Provide guidance to other support staff and contribute to their learning and development in budget planning, fund management and operational planning, to facilitate continued development and consistency in services delivered.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices, to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
Terms And Conditions
Type of Contract:
Fixed Term (G6 Level)
Nairobi Regional Bureau, Kenya
12 months (renewable)
The post Budget & Programming Associate G6 at World Food Programme appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.