Internal Controller Job, Current Accounting Jobs
Job Title : Internal Controller
Work Location : Nairobi
We are looking for a Controller with additional responsibilities in internal auditing to objectively review BURN’s business processes and evaluate the efficacy of risk management procedures that are currently in place. You will work in a business-driven and active environment, with a high pace and great variety. You will be part of a dynamic Finance team that produces financial reports, short and long-term analyses, forecasts, and action plans on a daily basis. You work with KPIs; price, lead time, quality, sustainability, and capacity to ensure optimal efficiency in our business processes.
You are involved in making decisions, using your good communication skills to make complex issues seem crystal clear to the entire team. To succeed in this role, you must be a critical thinker with a keen interest in improving an organization’s internal control structure. Top candidates will have remarkable presentation and report writing skills and display incredible business acumen.
- Prepare the company’s monthly, quarterly and annual reports in collaboration with the finance team and CFO.
- Periodic reporting to management, the board and other stakeholders such as banks and other financial institutions.
- Prepare financial analyzes, profitability assessments and provide a good decision basis for management.
- Ensure accounting and tax compliance with all applicable laws and regulations in the countries in which BURN operates.
- Ensure close financial follow-up of the company’s business areas and units, including supporting managers and contributing to a better understanding of finances.
- Be a driving force to work smarter and more efficiently through continuous improvement of systems, processes, and routines, not least related to the company’s ERP system, MS Dynamics NAV.
- Budgeting and forecasting, obtain relevant information and coordinate the profit centers.
- Ad hoc reporting and analyzes and projects.
- Identify and assess areas of significant business risk.
- Implement best audit and business practices. Manage resources and audit assignments.
- Identify and reduce all business and financial risks through effective implementation and monitoring of controls.
- Develop, implement, and maintain internal audit policies and procedures in accordance with local and international best practice.
- Compile and implement the annual Internal Audit plan.
- Conduct ad hoc audits and investigations into identified or reported risks.
- Perform risk-based audits covering operational and financial processes.
- Ensure complete, accurate and timely audit information is reported to Management and/or Risk Committees.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance (essential). Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum five years of work experience in Controlling and/or internal audit in an international environment.
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office and ERP (preferably MS Dynamics NAV).
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and compile into detailed reports.
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
How to apply