Medical Lab Officer Job, Laboratory Technologist Jobs 2021,
Pursuant to Article 235 (1) (b) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and Section 59 (1) (b), of The County Governments Act No.17, 2012, The County Public Service Board of Busia invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill vacant positions in the Department of Health and sanitation, as follows:
MEDICAL LABORATORY OFFICER JOB GROUP ‘K’ – ONE (1) POST-V/NO.15/2021
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the supervision and guidance of a senior and experienced officer. Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail; receiving and scrutinizing laboratory forms and specimens preparing clients for collection of specimen, receiving collecting labeling and registering patient specimen preparing laboratory reagents examining specimen writing and recording result preparing stains and reagents recruiting and preparing and bleeding of bleeding of blood donors for transfusion services. In addition duties and responsibilities will include performing blood grouping storing blood products according to their requirement, screening for blood transfusion transmissible infections, issuing blood products to peripherals health facility, repairing blood product collecting and analyzing data, processing the specimen according to the specified standard operating procedures(SOP) supervising the disinfection, washing and sterilizing of apparatus and monitoring and coaching trainees on practical attachments
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have;
- A Bachelor degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences or any other equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board;
- Registration Certificate issued by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board(KMLTTB)
- Valid practicing license from Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board; and
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution
Terms of service: Permanent and pensionable
- Only shortlisted and successful applicants will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic
- The County Government of Busia is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Article 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenya’s diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- All applicants are expected to attach copies of the following additional documents
- Copy of Identity (ID) Card
- Copies of Academic and Professional Certificates
- Copies of Registration Certificate from the relevant professional bodies(where applicable) (iv)Copies of Practicing License from the relevant Regulatory Body (where applicable)
- Computer Packages Certificate
- Mandatory Additional requirements (Chapter VI documents of the constitution of Kenya 2010)
- VALID Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI)
- VALID Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Clearance Certificate
- VALID Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) Clearance Certificate
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) Self-Declaration Form
- Credit Reference Bureau(CRB)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications attaching copies of their certificates and testimonials and send to the undersigned on or before 17th May, 2021 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time)