Busia County Senior Assistant Director Jobs In Kenya-Physician
Senior Assistant Director Job, County Government Jobs April,
Pursuant to Article 235 (1) (b) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and Section 59 (1) (b), of The County Governments Act No.17, 2012, The County Public Service Board of Busia invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill vacant positions in the Department of Health and sanitation, as follows:
SENIOR ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF MEDICAL SERVICES/MEDICAL SPECIALISTS I (PHYSICIAN), JOB GROUP ‘Q’ –ONE (1) POST-V/NO.4/2021
Duties and responsibilities will entail; undertaking general diagnosis, care, treatment and rehabilitation of patients, carrying out specialized clinical care, providing psychosocial interventions, providing clinical services to patients, training, consulting and performing surgeries in various health facilities, carrying out forensic and medico-legal services, coordinating disease surveillance, prevention and control; coordinating health education and promotion; implementing health projects and programs, maintaining up-to-date health information system; monitoring provision of health treatment and care; undertaking health research; and analyzing medical reports.
For appointment into this grade an officer must have:
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- Served as an Assistant director of medical services/ Medical specialist II for a minimum period of Three (3) years.
- Bachelor of medicine and bachelor of surgery(M.B.Ch.B) degree from an institution recognized by medical practitioners and Dentists Board;
- Master’s Degree in the field of internal medicine or its equivalent qualifications from an institution recognized by Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board
- Certificate of registration by the Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board;
- Valid practicing license from Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board;
- Certificate in strategic leadership development program lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution; and
- Demonstrated professional competence and managerial capability as reflected in work performance and results.
Terms: Permanent and pensionable
- Only shortlisted and successful applicants will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic
- The County Government of Busia is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Article 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenya’s diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- All applicants are expected to attach copies of the following additional documents
- Copy of Identity (ID) Card
- Copies of Academic and Professional Certificates
- Copies of Registration Certificate from the relevant professional bodies(where applicable) (iv)Copies of Practicing License from the relevant Regulatory Body (where applicable)
- Computer Packages Certificate
- Mandatory Additional requirements (Chapter VI documents of the constitution of Kenya 2010)
- VALID Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI)
- VALID Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Clearance Certificate
- VALID Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) Clearance Certificate
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) Self-Declaration Form
- Credit Reference Bureau(CRB)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications attaching copies of their certificates and testimonials and send to the undersigned on or before 17th May, 2021 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time)