Business Development Associate at MFT Fulfillment Centre Ltd
Established in 2018, MFT is a full-service order fulfillment company; we are dedicated to providing our customers the best drop shipping and order fulfillment experience possible, enabling them to reach new markets, grow their business, all the while reducing their overhead. With dedicated and trained staff at all levels we make sure that you have a reliable and standardized experience. With a vision to enable fulfillment services globally and build a strong footprint in the African continent we have been adding warehouses, fleet and technology based solutions for our clients.
You will help to run the operations of the company as it relates to business development, product development, winning and securing commercial deals, and managing customer projects. You will be working directly with the CEO and help to sell the organization’s technology to clients, and be an execution-hungry closer.
Identify new business opportunities and through developing existing and new business accounts. Maintain an active new business prospect listing to approach and present to the company. Undertake new business sales calls to win new business. Develop financial supporting data and process data to potential and existing business wins. Responsible in maintaining existing customer database through regular sales visits
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new business for the company through approaching new business customers, as defined ion the local sales KPI’s.
- Develop a new business prospect listing to ensure that future new business development is planned in advance.
- Responsible for the management and handling of the RFQ response documents coming to the company for Contract Logistics Business.
- Maintain all account and new business approaches and outcomes in C-view.
- Generate and distribute specific reports as required in alignment with the position.
- Coordinate and follow and follow up x-selling activities within the department.
- Maintain close working relationships with the Customer Service, Operations and Contract Logistics team.
- Focus on winning and keeping profitable business.
- Develop and maintain company procedures as per policy and new business submissions.
- Maintain and manage the financial forecast and cost module projections for new business submission.
- Work with pricing team in development of proper pricing for various products in comparison to the market
- Undertake regional presentations, as and when called upon
- Undertake cross selling and up selling within existing customer base to further develop account potential through airfreight, sea freight, road freight, value added products and contract logistics.
- Manage and coordinate all commercial activities of defined vertical group of customers with the customer service team, in line with the company’s short and long term results & targets.
- Represents the company and its policies to the clients which are defined as “Strategic Accounts”.
- Develop SOP’s for strategic accounts in association with Site Manager, Operations Manager, IT
- Manager and associates internal colleagues where applicable, to detail all processes, rate structure, capturing of customer identified KPI’s.
- Undertake sales presentations to customers and business communities to present to the company and its products and services.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Transportation, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or a related field preferred. (Or an equivalent combination of work and education. / equivalent combination of work experience)
- Minimum five years industry experience preferred
Skills and Competencies
- Business Professional
- Diplomatic skills to be used in front of the customers
- Confidence in undertaking presentations to vast number of people
- Analytic skills to review both financial and operational data.
- Proven Negotiation Skills complied with the ability to close business wins
- Customer oriented & team player
- Able to use MS office, PowerPoint, Excel and some other PC applications
- Able to work under pressure where needed
- Able to travel both internal and abroad
- Good time management techniques
- Good understanding of financial planning
- Excellent reporting abilities
The post Business Development Associate at MFT Fulfillment Centre Ltd appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.