Business Development Manager Job, Sales & Marketing Jobs in Kenya July 2020,
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Department: Sales & Marketing Department
Reporting to: General Manager
Supervising: Sales & Marketing Team Leaders and Sales Executives
Our client is fast growing company in the FMCG sector currently seeking to recruit a Business Development Manager who will be responsible for developing specific strategic partnerships on behalf of the company. In addition, you will be responsible for developing and implementing sales and marketing strategies/plans with a major focus on growing the business with retailers and distributors. The job holder will be responsible for overall account management, expansion plans and monthly sales targets that will ultimately drive growth for the business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Screen potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, financials and evaluating options
- Contribute to and take a proactive role in strategic direction of the business.
- Provide leadership in business development and revenue growth in the company
- Locate or propose potential business deals by contacting potential partners, discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Develop negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations.
- Develop and execute fruitful marketing strategies for the FMCG products across the country
- Managing the customer cycle from demonstrations to following up for payments
- Building and managing good customer relationships to ensure long term business engagement.
- Applying and following up on Tenders
- Prepare business proposals and presents them to prospective customers
- Examine business risks and potential estimating partners’ needs and goals.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements. Developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Cost management and efficiency ratio in the sales department
- Develop and propose business process improvement systems.
- Supervise, manage, develop and recruit the sales team.
- Ensure individual and sales team sales targets are met – monthly, quarterly and annual targets
- Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree/Higher Diploma in business, entrepreneurship, communication, marketing or related field.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in sales & Marketing and at least 1 year in a leadership position.
- Must possess excellent administrative, customer service, public relations, and analytical skills necessary to enhance the overall operation.
- Stakeholder management experience with proven ability to negotiate and close deals.
- Prior experience working in the FMCG sector.
- Well versed with the modern trade channels and route to market channels.
- Proven track record of exceptional performance
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to build strong and long-lasting profitable relationships
- Excellent interpersonal skills and disciplined
- Must be aggressive, proactive and have a strong business acumen
- Strong decision making skills, loyalty to brand & Collaborative skills
- Should have strong negotiation, managerial and communications skills.
How to apply
Interested candidates should attach a cover letter and CV as a single file ensuring you indicate at least (2) professional referees and current/previous and expected salary on your CV only. Quote the job title (Business Development Manager) in the email subject and email [email protected] before 31st July 2020. This job ad is by Fanisi HR solutions. Only those shortlisted will be contacted.