Business Development Manager – National Resources Development
Please Note that you will be required to have a current (within 3 months) Original Police Clearance as part of the selection process.
Job Title : Business Development Manager- Local Resource
Reporting to : Resource Acquisition Management Director
Grade Level : 16
Work Location : Nairobi
Purpose of Position
The purpose of this position is to increase World Vision Kenya’s portfolio local resource development by strengthening the organizations capacity to mobilize resources and strategically position World Vision Kenya as the organization of choice for potential funding from local donors.
Local Resources Funding 40%
· Lead in the delivery of a high quality sustainable funding for local resources
· Provide yearly forecast for locally funded programs
· Strengthen World Vision’s through virtual capacity building sessions for field and National Office teams
· Hold quarterly donor round tables as a way of maintaining contact with donors and keeping them updated with WVK’s work around local resource mobilisation
· Develop and lead a plan for private sector engagement
· In conjunction with the National Resources Development focal persons in the field, plan for fund raising events such as alumni forums to position World Vision Kenya
· Prepare a cultivation plan that elaborates prioritized donors for local resource development
· Lead proposal development for local opportunities ensuring submission of quality proposals
· Develop and regularly update a grants tracker for local resources.
· Lead local fund raising initiatives such as Global 6K
Market Analysis and Research 20%
· Conduct context analysis for local donors in Kenya
· Conduct market analysis to determine giving patterns of Kenyans including high net worth individuals
· Lead the formation local partnerships (consortia) for resource mobilization
· Ensure the CRM platform is effectively managed and the risk mitigation plan is implemented
· Provide risk oversight for Local resource development
· Lead partnership discussions with local actors and the private sector and local government to leverage funding.
Donor Liaison 20%
· Ensure timely and regular communication to donors
· Work with the different technical programs to develop fund raising products such as ‘dollar handles’ to compliment funding gaps
· Develop a strategy to engage local service providers as potential donors either through Goods in Kind or cash contributions
· Develop targets along with the National Resources Development focal persons in the field and conduct monthly engagement meetings.
· In conjunction with the field teams, plan for fund raising events.
· Prepare Board reports for National Resources Development Committee and the WVK Board
· Prepare and disseminate reports to donors in a timely manner
· Ensure the CRM platform is well managed and timely feedback given to donors within and without
· Prepare financial and narrative monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required
· In conjunction with Operations team, position WVK as the organisation of choice by ensuring excellence and quality programs
· Consult donor round tables for prioritized donors as per the cultivation plan
· Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Degree in sociology, marketing or relevant area from a recognised University a Master’s degree is an added advantage
· Minimum 7 years’ experience in Business development, Resource Acquisition, Fund raising, Marketing, donor relations, local Resources development 3 of which must be in managerial position
· Proven experience in leading proposal development and managing consortiums
· Must be a results orientated leader who can handle heavy work load as well as manage multiple organizational, donor and other stakeholder demands.
· Must have ample experience and expertise in public relations and donor engagements.
· Must be a strategic thinker and a strong team player.
· Strong interpersonal and relational skills
· Good writing skills and presentation skills
· Knowledge on fund raising essentials