Business Enabling Environment Advisor NGO Job
Business Enabling Environment (BEE) Advisor Job at Palladium
The BEE Advisor will lead KIM efforts to remove policy barriers inhibiting increased capital flow to the target sectors, by overseeing the identification, prioritization, and implementation of policy reforms using a partnership approach that links key government stakeholders and industry representatives. The BEE Advisor will ensure that reform efforts include a systematic framework to prioritize, screen for inclusion, and monitor forward progress.
Business Enabling Environment Advisor Job Responsibilities
- Identify and prioritize enabling environment barriers to investment. Oversee and participate in initial assessment to identify, screen, and prioritize a list of policy/regulatory barriers based on the ability of each to impede capital flows to the target VCs/clean energy sector;
- Work with the KIM Opportunities Team to determine business enabling environment constraints and challenges faced by private sector entities, including firms and associations. Participate in regular portfolio reviews and project stakeholder meetings, and liaise with other USAID implementing partners to continue to identify and refine policy reform priorities throughout project implementation;
- Use Palladium methodologies to map policy solutions and processes, including target milestones and action plans outlining steps for each stakeholder for each enabling environment reform effort;
- Monitor implementation of enabling environment reform efforts. Track progress, facilitate stakeholder meetings to monitor results and address barriers, report on progress. Liaise with the MEL team to publish a policy reform dashboard to measure and track policy reform progress and finalized policy changes;
- Lead/oversee implementation of analyses of potential changes to agricultural and energy sector policies that will remove barriers inhibiting large scale investment;
- Lead partnership development between government and private sector industries, convening key stakeholders to build consensus;
- Manage the work of STTA resources brought on by KIM to support the project in its policy reform efforts.
Qualifications for the Business Enabling Environment Advisor Job
- Master’s Degree in a relevant subject (MBA, MA in Business, Economics, International Development, Agriculture, etc.) or a B.A. and 10+ years of similar experience;
- Eight years or more of work experience required in the business, finance and investment field, with a focus on business enabling environment and policy reform;
- Demonstrated experience drafting policy reform related to private sector development and investment required;
- Experience in Kenyan private sector development, SME financing, financial inclusion preferred;
- Experience with USAID private sector development initiatives preferred;
- Excellent contacts within the Kenyan public sector and international banking/investment fields;
- Impeccable professional record and integrity;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
How to Apply