Business Intelligence Analyst at M-KOPA Solar
MISSION M-KOPA’s mission is to make high quality energy affordable to everyone. OUR GROWTH SO FAR… M-KOPA has connected more than 400,000 homes in Kenya,Tanzania and Uganda to solar power with over 550 new homes being added every day.
We are hiring for a dynamic individual who will have a key position in M-KOPA Strategy and Data team. The Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst uses M-KOPA’s strong internal data resources to uncover and share insights and inform business decisions throughout the company. The Analyst combines technical skills, creativity, and business acumen to improve our understanding of the company, produce operational improvements, and increase transparency and accountability. Analytic findings and recommendations are communicated clearly and concisely to the business, with follow-on support to ensure the proper measurement and evaluation.
- Lead analytics for a specific function of the business (i.e. Sales, Upgrades, Customer Care, Credit)
- Proactively identify opportunities where analysis can drive valuable business results
- Collect user requirements on key analytic/reporting needs from key business stakeholders
- Query data from various internal and external databases using database languages (e.g., SQL, U-SQL)
- Clean, interpret, and analyze data using statistical techniques
- Build models, analysis, and transformations on internal data using Excel, SQL and R
- Test and QA code to ensure high-quality analysis
- Design user-friendly, clear, and impactful presentations of analytic findings
- Improve and streamline technical and business processes
- Train stakeholders throughout the business to improve data fluency
- Work together with the business to ensure we are enabling data-driven decision making on the most important business questions
Experience And Skills
- 2+ years’ experience working in technical data analytics, with excellent skills in SQL and preferred skills in advanced analytical, statistical, and/or programming skills, including R, Python, DAX, Excel, and data visualization tools (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau)
- Career passion and if possible, education background preferred in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics or related field
- Strong preference for candidates based in or with strong experience working in the markets M-KOPA works in or similar markets
- Preference for candidates who have worked directly delivering data driven insights and analysis from Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning data science models
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work and equal ability to influence executives across cross-functions and geographies
- Experience and a high capacity in managing multiple problems and assignments at the same time and delivering high quality outputs
- In-depth knowledge of business effectiveness tools
The post Business Intelligence Analyst at M-KOPA Solar appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.