Business Intelligence Analyst at Twiga Foods Limited
The business intelligence analyst shall oversee development, deployment, and maintenance of Business Intelligence (BI) reporting interfaces. This include query tools, data visualization and interactive dashboards, ad hoc reporting, and data modelling tools This role shall therefore be three layered as shown below:
At the data source layer, he/she shall be required to guide the data engineers on the schema in which he needs 3rd party data sources to be stored given that most data are already archived in a data warehouse.
At the warehouse layer he/she shall be required to have working knowledge of technologies that facilitate both warehousing and tools for performing Extraction, Transformation, and Loading (ETL) with the aim of creating single version of truth, accessing business data from one place and standardizing data in a coherent format.
At the reporting layer which is the actual BI interface that allows users to access data, the BI Developer and Analyst shall be required to have strong analytical capabilities in Data Studio, Power BI and Excel to fulfil business reporting requirements
This is a fixed term 3 month role.
- Perform complex quantitative analyses and translate results into meaningful business insights.
- Design, develop and maintain scalable interactive management reports and dashboards for various departments to visualize and measure Key Performance Indicators.
- Work with data engineers to integrate new datasets that can be leveraged through the business operations.
- Undertake ad-hoc data requests to meet changing business needs.
- Develop reporting systems that provide accessible information for decision making.
- Use warehouse data to generate reports to support business decision making and business performance monitoring.
- Evaluate and improving existing BI dashboards.
- Work with BI Technical Lead in creating technical documentation for all BI Dashboards and reports.
- A Bachelors degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modelling) and data mining, i.e. Big Query
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- Advanced proficiency with BI technologies i.e. Data Studio, Microsoft Power BI
- Advanced proficiency with SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Business analysis skills to help set precise requirements for future analytics framework and make the right strategic decisions.
- Debugging/troubleshooting skills given that each stage of designing, developing, and maintaining BI dashboards requires strong troubleshooting skills around security issues, data access, permissions, updates, and maintenance of the whole BI platform.
- Experience with BI tools by either developing or configuring existing ones. Solid understanding of all the underlying infrastructure required for data integration tools, ETL/ELT processes, data formatting, and warehouse architecture.
- Industry experience as a BI Developer or Analyst.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Good communication skills.
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- Data Studio and Power BI reports/dashboards designed and developed for departments to visualize and measure their respective Key Performance Indicators
- Quantitative analyses performed to meet changing business needs
- Warehouse data and new datasets leveraged to meet the business reporting and analysis requirements
- Customer Focused: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers and own organizations needs. Level 3
- Negotiation and Influencing Others: Effectively exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties. Using interpersonal styles and methods to inspire and guide individuals toward higher levels of performance. Level 3
- Business Acumen: Planning and supporting the development of individuals skills and abilities so that they can meet current and future business needs. Providing feedback, instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities. Level 2
- Building ad Growing Relationships: Builds collaborative alliances and strategic relationships to achieve common goals. Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships. Level 2
- Planning and Organizing: Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Level 2
- Passion for Results: Driving high standards for individual, team, and organizational accomplishment; tenaciously working to meet or exceed challenging goals; deriving satisfaction from goal achievement and continuous improvement. Level 3
- Decision Making: Obtaining and comparing information from multiple sources to identify alternative solutions; committing to an action after analyzing potential solutions against decision criteria; considers the wider business impact of the decisions. Level 3
- Coaching and Developing Others: Planning and supporting the development of individuals skills and abilities so that they can meet current and future business needs. Providing feedback, instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities. Level 3
- Facilitating Change: Identifying and driving organizational and cultural changes needed to adapt strategically to changing market demands, technology, and internal initiatives; catalyzing new approaches to improve results by transforming organizational culture, systems, or products/services. Encouraging others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities. Level 2
- Strategic Thinking: Establishing and committing to a long-term business direction based on an analysis of systemic information and consideration of resources, market drivers, and organizational values. Level 2
The post Business Intelligence Analyst at Twiga Foods Limited appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.