Business Intelligence Developer at Davis & Shirtliff Group
The Davis & Shirtliff Group is the leading supplier of water related equipment in the East African region. Founded in 1946, business activities are focused on six principal product sectors – Water Pumps, Boreholes, Swimming Pools, Water Treatment, Generators and Solar Equipment. The group is Kenyan based and operates through a network of Kenyan branches as well as regional subsidiaries in Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Rwanda, South Sudan and a partnership in Ethiopia.
The company seeks to recruit a Business Intelligence Developer to join the ICT team.
The successful candidate will be required to handle the following responsibilities:
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify and understand business challenges.
- Identify the underlying data sets that would be investigated to address the challenges.
- Generate insightful data visualizations to provide actionable strategic insights.
- Present such findings to the business teams and recommend solutions.
The successful candidate will have the following Essential Knowledge & Skills:
- Hands on experience in full life cycle Business Intelligence development, implementation and support entailing data warehousing and cubes project experience.
- In-depth understanding of Data Warehousing tasks such as Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) and Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) framework.
- Hands on experience in Data Visualisation software including Power BI, Power Query, DAX, Tableau.
- Advanced working knowledge and experience in MS SQL Server and the full Microsoft Business Intelligence suite (SSAS, SSRS, SSIS).
- Expertise in at least one data-focused programming language e.g., Python, R, MATLAB.
- Holder of an Upper 2nd class honours degree in Computer Science or closely related field from a recognised institution.
- At least 3 years’ experience in software development, data engineering, business intelligence, data science, or a related field.
- Knowledge of Excel, Jet Reports and Microsoft Dynamics 365 applications such as Business Central and CRM will be an added advantage.
- Passion for data manipulation and ability to provide insights for decision making.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly while presenting findings.
The successful candidate will join a dedicated team of specialists who derive their satisfaction from “Improving people’s lives through providing Water and Energy Solutions across Africa“.
The post Business Intelligence Developer at Davis & Shirtliff Group appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.