Camara Programmes Coordinator Job – Career Point Kenya
Job Title: Programmes Coordinator – Kenya
Reporting To: Head of Operations Africa
Contract: Full time, 12 months
Location: Mombassa, Kenya with occasional travel to Nairobi and other project locations within Kenya as required
Start Date: August 2021
Camara Education is a non-profit international education organisation dedicated to deliver real impact through technology by inspiring and empowering a young generation to improve their own life opportunities. Our mission is to transform education using technology to empower disadvantaged learners. Our vision is a world-class technology-enabled education accessible to all.
Each Camara entity operates as a social enterprise designed to serve local market needs through a sustainable business model.
The role of Programmes Coordinator is to lead the Camara Kenya team to ensure all project activities are completed and achieve the organisation’s strategic objectives in Kenya. The job holder will be required to be actively involved on a daily basis in the projects and operations of the hub.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- To work closely with the HOA to deliver Camara’s strategic objectives for Kenya.
- To provide leadership, direction and staff development within the Camara Kenya team.
- To ensure the implementation of the standardised reporting template in line with Camara Education policies and establish measurable and robust KPI for each of the functional areas within the company.
- To ensure that all commercial and financial information is captured on Camara’s standard information databases (currently Salesforce and QuickBooks) and is complete and accurate.
- Establish structures to ensure the earliest commercialisation of both CLA and CLS and to support development and improvement of Camara’s e-learning resources in line with best practice.
- To oversee the delivery of all projects and establish a best in class M&E framework for every Camara project within Kenya.
- To be a key contributor in the construction and implementation of Camara’s Annual and Strategic Plans.
- To ensure the highest standards of governance.
- Provide updates and report any management group tasks for Camara Kenya projects to senior management, project partners and funders.
- To support business development- overseeing new marketing initiatives for the Hub
- To establish a framework to maximise successful 3rd party funding available within Kenya as well as contribute towards Camara’s overall funding initiatives.
- To complete any other supportive tasks as required by management.
The Ideal Person will:
- Hold a third level qualification in a relevant discipline, ideally Education, ICT or Development (essential)
- Have experience managing teams and projects for a minimum of 3 years (essential)
- Have demonstrable experience in donor relationship management, including grant management, proposal and report writing, ideally within the humanitarian context and/or with the major institutional donors.
- Have previous experience working in Kenya or another African Country
- Be fluent in English (essential), Knowledge of Swahili an advantage
- Be a confident, strong willed, tenacious, self-starter who has the ability to work in a dynamic, diverse and demanding environment.
- Be results orientated – focus on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them.
- Have good social skills and excels at relationship building.
- Be a strong contributor to Operational and Strategic Planning processes.
- Be prepared to work and live in Mombasa and have the required Kenyan work and residency permits. **
How to Apply
To apply please send your CV (maximum 3 pages) accompanied by a cover letter outlining your relevant experience for this role and why you wish to work with Camara Education to [email protected].
Please include details of your salary expectations and when you would be available to start the post within your letter. CV and cover letter should be saved within the one document with your name and job position as the subject heading.
Closing date for applications is 5pm, 28th July 2021.
Due to the volume of applications, we are not in a position to respond to unsuccessful applicants.
Camara Education Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to having the best possible people working with us. We will ensure fair and equal opportunities for all potential and existing employees.