Charge Nurse Job, Current Nursing Jobs In Kenya,
Reporting to Assistant Director Nursing Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following amongst others: –
- Championing continual quality improvement.
- Maintaining the Hospitals’ policies, standard and procedures of nursing care.
- Controlling resources effectively
- Maintaining and observing infection control measures for staff and patients wellbeing.
- Upholding statutory regulations as required by nursing profession and the laws of Kenya.
- Participating in ward and hospital activities i. e research, audits, CSR, open days.
- Attending Administrative meetings, Charge Nurse’s meetings, Procedure committees and other committees as may be required from time to time.
- Preparing department Budget.
- Identifying present and potential needs of the department assists in formulating courses of action to meet needs
- Providing high standard of nursing care to the critically ill patients.
- Responding to Emergency alerts.
- Utilizing advanced technology in Invasive patient monitoring.
- Advocating for patients, treating them with dignity, according them privacy and respect.
- Communicating effectively with patients, patients’ families and all other patients’ care givers.
- Communicating effectively with doctors and other hospital departments for cooperative and supportive relationships.
- Preparing the monthly Rotation for staff, vacation and their daily assignment of duties.
- Utilizing the available resources effectively for quality service delivery, profitability and cost containment.
- Providing accurate documentation and proper record keeping of patients’ treatment.
- Maintaining, monthly and quarterly statistics.
- Providing input to determine manpower for the department.
- Monitoring the performance of the nurses & attendants in the department.
- Ensuring regular maintenance is performed on all equipment and communicate with the Biomedical/Maintenance Engineering.
- Fully responsible for all equipment on the CCU inventory and for ordering supplies and for recommending on the needs of the Department.
- Protecting all confidential information concerning the hospital, patients and to make disclosure only with patient and Chief Executive Officer’s permission.
- Investigating patients’ complaints and incidents promptly in accordance with the Hospital procedures, and reporting within the same shift.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- KRN, KRN/KRM, KRCHN, Bachelor of Science in Nursing;
- Must be a Kenya Registered Critical Care Nursing;
- Master of Science in Critical Care Nursing will be an added advantage;
- Minimum of 7 years post clinical nursing.
- Management / Supervisory skills training
- Good managerial skills.
- Mentorship training.
- BLS & ACLS certified.
- Good interpersonal skills & communication skills
- Good customer care skills.
How To Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number and to reach the undersigned on: [email protected] not later than Friday, 24th July,2020. Your CV/Resume MUST include full names and contact details of 3 referees.
- ONLY ONLINE applications will be accepted and ONLY SHORTLISTED candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates invited for interviews will be required to present both originals and clear copies (where applicable) of the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA PIN Certificate
- Current Colored Passport Photo
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- Academic and Professional Certificates
- Certificates of Service from previous employers
HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR
THE NAIROBI HOSPITAL
P.O. BOX 30026 – 00100
Mail: [email protected]