Charge Nurse Jobs, Current Nursing Jobs, Nairobi Hospital Jobs,
Reporting to Assistant Director Nursing Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following amongst others:
- Championing continual quality improvement.
- Maintaining the Hospitals’ policies, standard and procedures of nursing care to the critically ill patients.
- Controlling resources effectively
- Maintaining and observing infection control measures for staff and patients wellbeing.
- Upholding statutory regulations as required by nursing profession and the laws of Kenya.
- Participating in ward and hospital activities i. e research, audits, CSR, open days.
- Preparing departmental Budget.
- Identifying present and potential needs of the department and assisting in formulating courses of action to meet patient needs.
- Responding to Emergency alerts.
- Utilizing advanced technology in Invasive patient monitoring.
- Advocating for patients, treating them with dignity, according them privacy and respect.
- Communicating effectively with patients, patients’ families and all other patients’ care givers.
- Communicating effectively with doctors and other hospital departments for cooperative and supportive relationships.
- Preparing the monthly Rotation for staff, vacation and their daily assignment of duties.
- Utilizing the available resources effectively for quality service delivery, profitability and cost containment.
- Providing accurate documentation and proper record keeping of patients’ treatment.
- Maintains, monthly and quarterly statistics.
- Providing input to determine manpower for the department.
- Monitoring the performance of the nurses & attendants in the department.
- Ensuring regular maintenance is performed on all equipment and communicate with the Biomedical/Maintenance Engineering.
- Responsible for all equipment on the CCU inventory and for ordering supplies and for recommending on the needs of the Department.
- Protecting all confidential information concerning the hospital, patients and to make disclosure only with patient and Chief Executive Officer’s permission.
- Investigating patients’ complaints and incidents promptly in accordance with the Hospital procedures, and reporting within the same shift.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- KRN, KRN/KRM, KRCHN, BSc. Nursing
- Higher diploma in Critical Care Nursing
- Minimum of 7 years post clinical nursing.
- Management / Supervisory skills training, Good managerial skills, Mentorship training.
- BLS & ACLS certified.
- Good interpersonal skills, communication skills and customer care skills.
How To Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the provided specifications, please send us your application to : [email protected] quoting the reference and include your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees to be received not later than Friday, 8th May, 2020.
ONLY ONLINE applications will be accepted and ONLY SHORTLISTED candidates will be contacted.
The Nairobi Hospital does NOT charge recruitment fees.
Candidates invited for interviews will be required to present both originals and clear copies (where applicable) of the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA PIN Certificate
- Current Colored Passport Photo
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- Academic and Professional Certificates
- Certificates of Service from previous employers
HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR
THE NAIROBI HOSPITAL
P.O. BOX 30026 – 00100
Mail: [email protected]