Charge Nurse – Maternity Ward at Nairobi Hospital
We take pride in our highly qualified professionals who deliver our mission every day, translating their knowledge and expertise to internationally compliant practices in healthcare provision. Courtesy, consideration and unreserved respect towards our patients’ privacy, dignity and confidentiality has time and again helped us earn their trust and goodwill. Our dedicated nursing staff provides professional care within a friendly and comfortable environment, ensuring that being in hospital is a more pleasurable and less anxious time for our patients and their families. We take pride in our highly qualified professionals who deliver our mission every day, translating their knowledge and expertise to internationally compliant practices in healthcare provision.
Reporting to Assistant Director Nursing Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following amongst others: –
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Utilising the standards and procedures of nursing care to continuously improve the quality of nursing and exceed the patients’ expectations and participate in audits within their departments.
- Be a role model of the nursing profession and exercise professionalism at all times while being an effective clinical leadership resource.
- Communicating with other professionals and all relevant parties in order to advocate effectively for the patients and for cooperative and supportive relationships.
- Providing guidance, supervise and mentor staff and trainees to ensure all patients are treated with dignity, privacy and respect and that the patients are encouraged to be involved in decision making related to their care.
- Implementing infection control measures to provide a safe environment for patients, staff and others.
- Identifying present and potential needs of the department assists in formulating courses of action to meet needs.
- Attending Administrative meetings, Charge Nurse’s meetings, Procedure committees and other committees as may be required from time to time.
- Participating in ward and hospital activities i. e research, audits, CSR, open days.
- Preparing department Budget.
- Maintaining the Hospitals’ policies, standard and procedures of nursing care.
- Upholding statutory regulations as required by nursing profession and the laws of Kenya.
Be in control of the nursing activities for the ward, staff management and utilize hospital disciplinary policy procedure effectively.
- Protecting all confidential information concerning the hospital, patients and to make disclosure only with patient and Chief Executive Officer’s permission.
- Preparing the monthly Rotation for staff, vacation and their daily assignment of duties.
- Investigating patients’ complaints promptly in accordance with the hospital procedure and inform nursing administration immediately within the same shift.
- Providing accurate documentation and proper record keeping of patients’ treatment.
- Controlling & utilizing the available resources effectively for quality service delivery, profitability and cost containment.
- Maintaining monthly and quarterly statistics.
- Providing input to determine manpower for the department.
- Monitoring the performance of the nurses in the department.
- Fully responsible for all equipment on the ward inventory and for ordering supplies and for recommending on the needs of the Department.
- Ensuring regular maintenance is performed on all equipment and communicate with the Biomedical/Maintenance Engineering.
- Ensuring accurate documentation, proper record keeping and storage for continuity, quality and legal reference.
- Assisting medical staff in the overall care of the patient and to ensure the prescribed treatment is given.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- KRN, KRCHN, Bachelor of Science in Nursing;
- Must be a Kenya Registered Midwife;
- Any other relevant professional qualification will be an added advantage;
- Minimum of 7 years post clinical nursing.
- Experience in a level 5 or 6 Hospital or a Mission Hospital
- Paediatric Advanced Life Support (added advantage)
- Management / Supervisory skills training
- Good managerial skills.
- Mentorship training.
- BLS certified, ACLS.
- Good interpersonal skills & communication skills
- Good customer care skills.
The post Charge Nurse – Maternity Ward at Nairobi Hospital appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.