Chauffeurs Kenya Tourism & Corporate Events Officer Kenya Jobs
Tourism & Corporate Events Officer Job, Latest Tours & Travel Jobs,
TOURISM & CORPORATE EVENTS OFFICER
Chauffeurs Kenya, is searching for an enthusiastic Tourism and Corporate Events Executive with a “can-do” attitude to assist our organization in promoting tourism, and hosting events that enhance our organization’s image, improve client loyalty, and promote our brand-to-client experience.
The Tourism and Corporate Events Executive will be responsible for marketing, public relations and management, devising tourism development initiatives, Events and Campaigns with the aim of generating and increasing revenue.
This position will be tasked with researching and securing Tourist Destinations, Corporate Venues, Planning and Managing our events’ calendar of Activities within “Western Kenya Tourism Circuit”. The office holder will also be negotiating quotes and agreements with vendors, assisting with event marketing, monitoring timeframes and budgets, networking, and delivering on assignment objectives.
As a Tourism & Corporate Events Executive, you’ll need to:
- prepare and commission tourist and visitor information, including artwork
- write press releases and copy for tourism and corporate events, guides and newsletters
- produce promotional material and design displays
- set up and attend exhibitions and holiday shows
- organize special and seasonal events and festivals
- brainstorming and implementing event plans and concepts.
- develop e-tourism platforms, including websites, and construct business databases
- manage and coordinate tourism services publicity via a range of social media platforms, including facebook, twitter and whatsapp
- devise and plan tours and arrange itineraries
- liaise with local operators, the media, designers and printers
- manage supporting staff, budgets and staff training needs
- order products and services
- provide funding and business advice and send e-newsletters to local businesses
- write and present reports and business plans for committees
- plan and write funding applications, and work on product development
- give talks to local parties, community groups and schools, and handle media enquiries
- undertake market research with members of the public and visitors to particular attractions
- carry out strategic planning and development, such as commissioning and/or producing tourism strategies and economic impact studies for implementation, or lobbying, devising and implementing marketing campaigns.
Salaries, (and Remunerations) vary depending on your Skills, Experience, Exposure; and Professional Qualifications. This is exclusive of any Travels, or Special duty Honoraria
Although this area of work is open to all Graduates and Diploma Holders, Any Professional Qualification/Certificate on the following Disciplines may increase your chances:
- Business/Management Studies
- Leisure Management
- Media Studies
- Modern Languages
- Public Relations
- Travel And Tourism Management
- Urban/Rural Regeneration.
Personal qualities, skills and relevant experience, particularly of working within a customer-focused or tourism role, can be more important than your degree Qualifications.
You’ll need to have:
- excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills in order to consult with a range of people, including local businesses, community groups and key stakeholders
- commercial awareness and an entrepreneurial approach to work
- customer service, marketing and PR skills
- organisation and planning skills
- wide-ranging IT skills
- the ability to use your initiative
- the ability to produce or deliver a quality product or service on a limited budget
- management and project management skills
- an eye for design
- an innovative approach to work
- local knowledge and a lively interest in the sector
- willingness to travel.
Though Not Compulsory – Driving license holders have added advantage
Relevant work experience through a work placement, internship, holiday work, volunteering or casual work is vital.
Working as a Tourism Assistant in a Tourist Information Centre, for example, can be useful, or work in a marketing, information or economic development role.
Working or helping out at any of the following is also helpful:
- Commercial tourist attractions
- Local authority leisure departments
Roles in areas such as Sales, Marketing or Retailing can help develop your customer service and commercial skills – and as such are highly encouraged
Your creativity, organizational skills, and vision will assist our organization in amplifying brand visibility, enhancing client and employee relations, and improve our organization’s growth through events that effectively communicate business strategy and brand personality
Assignment Location shall be Kisumu City, and therefore – Tourism & Corporate Events Experience in Western Kenya Tourism Circuit (Nyanza, Western and Parts of Rift Valley) will be an added advantage
How to Apply