Chef at Nuclear Power and Energy Agency
The Nuclear Power and Energy Agency, formerly Kenya Nuclear Electricity Board (KNEB), is a State Corporation established under the Energy Act 2019. It is charged with the responsibility of promoting and implementing Kenya’s Nuclear Power Programme, carrying out research and development for the energy sector.
Towards attainment of its mandate, the Nuclear Power and Energy Agency shall develop policies and legislation, undertake public education and awareness, identify suitable sites for the construction of Nuclear Power Plants; carry out research, development and innovation on energy technologies as well as capacity building for the energy sector.
Reporting to the Executive Office Administrator, the job holder will be responsible for administering all culinary activities and ensuring optimal service delivery and ensuring that the kitchen and surrounding areas are sanitized and clean in accordance with Agency standards and health code regulations by:
- Preparing food for the Chief Executive Officer(CEO) and visitors in a timely manner;
- Ensuring compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area;
- Ensuring great presentation of food by dressing dishes before they are served;
- Determining how much food to order and maintaining an appropriate supply;
- Keeping the social amenities (kitchen, meeting rooms e.t.c) clean and all equipment in good working condition;
- Ensuring that all food safety guidelines, audit and checks are adhered to;
- Ensuring all food and other kitchen items are stored properly
- Ensuring the availability of all kitchen and toilet supplies at all times and ordering new stock when necessary;and
- Reporting any faults on all the kitchen equipment;
- The candidate must possess the following academic qualifications: –
- Diploma in Hotel/Hospitality Management/Food and Beverage from a recognized institution or any other related field;
- Be in possession of a valid medical certificate.
Related Job Experience
- At least three (3)years’ experience in a busy working environment in a similar role.
Knowledge Skills and Competencies
The candidate must possess the following skills and competencies: –
- Meet the provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya;
- Must have good oral and written communication skills and possess the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization;
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods;
- Must be able to create good rapport with visitors and be extremely courteous and friendly at all times.
Terms of Service and Remuneration
- The appointment will be for a contractual term of three (3) years, renewable subject to effective performance and delivery of set targets. The successful candidate will be offered a competitive remuneration package for the position
The post Chef at Nuclear Power and Energy Agency appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.