Chief Executive Officer (CEO) at Kitui County
Kitui County is located 170Km to the South East of Nairobi City. It covers an area of about 30,496 km2. It borders Machakos and Makueni Counties to the West, Tana River County to the East, Taita-Taveta County to the South, and Embu and Tharaka- Nithi Counties to the North. it is about two and half hours’ drive from Nairobi and 30 minutes flight by a chopper. Population: 1,147,200 Female: 602,002 Male: 545,195 Growth Rate: 2.1% The Kitui Vision for Economic and Social Transformation Following its mandate as a County, The County Government of Kitui developed this long-term development blue print, “Kitui Vision for economic and social transformation” aimed at guiding its economic and social development for the next ten years up to the year 2025.
KCT “02”: ONE POST – V/NO. 1/2020
Salary Scale: Ksh. 132,000 – 195,410 p.m.
House Allowance: Ksh. 52,000 p.m.
Commuter Allowance: Ksh. 20, 000 p.m.
Annual Leave: 30 working days per financial year
Terms of Service: Three (3) years renewable contract
Duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer will be responsible for the overall management, administration and supervision of the Corporation’s activities and programmes; fiscal and financial oversight; policy and planning; managing work planning activities and growth of the Corporation; liaising with strategic buyers, vendors, government agencies and all other institutions.
In addition, the candidate will be required to:
- Provide visionary leadership and direction to the Corporation and ensure that the Corporation’s mandate and policies are implemented fully and effectively in line with the strategic plan;
- Develop and recommend to the Board the long-term strategy, business plans, and annual operating budgets;
- Establish proper internal monitoring and control systems and procedures;
- Identify and secure sustainable revenue generating streams through domestic and international market development;
- Identify value adding marketing services that the Corporation can provide;
- Ensure the Corporation is self-sustainable and independently become an income generation entity;
- Coordinate and prepare business related proposals, reports and other submissions for consideration by the Board;
- Ensure that there is effective communication within the corporation;
- Ensure continuous improvements in the quality and value of products provided by the corporation;
- Ensure continuous achievement of the Corporation’s financial, operating goals and objectives;
- Maintain a conducive work environment for attracting, retaining and motivating employees;
- Foster a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices and good corporate citizenship;
- Ensure compliance with the national, regional and international laws as may be applicable;
- Take custody of all the Corporation’s assets and property;
- Any other functions as may from time to time be assigned under the establishing legislation or by the Board of Directors.
Required Qualifications and Competencies
For appointment to this grade, a person:
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or its equivalent from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Must have at least ten (10) years’ relevant post qualification working experience, five (5) of which should have been in Senior Management position in public or private sector;
- Must be a Member of a Professional Body and in good standing;
- a relevant Master’s degree from a university recognized in Kenya will be an added advantage;
- Having worked in a similar manufacturing industry would be an added advantage
The post Chief Executive Officer (CEO) at Kitui County appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.