Chief Executive Officer (CEO) at Sacco Societies Regulatory Authority (SASRA)
Sacco Societies Regulatory Authority (SASRA) was established under the Sacco Societies Act, CAP 490B with a mandate to license, regulate and supervise the Sacco Sector in Kenya.
The Authority is seeking to recruit a high caliber motivated, visionary, dynamic and results oriented candidate to fill the position of Chief Executive Officer to provide the stewardship required to deliver the Authority’s mandate. The suitable candidate shall be employed on a 4-year contract, renewable once, subject to satisfactory performance.
The job holder will provide sound, focused leadership and has the overall responsibility for formulating, determining and implementing within the powers delegated by the Board (Sacco Societies Act, CAP 490B), the general policy and
programmes for SASRA. Equally, the job holder has the prime responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the Authority ensuring the delivery of high quality, timely and efficient services. Responsible for providing strategic leadership for the Authority by working with the Board and all stake holders to establish long-range goals,
strategies, plans and policies geared towards positioning the Authority as a distinguished Regulator of Saccos.
- Formulating and implementing an integrated strategic plan with the assistance of functional managers, for the growth of SASRA and the achievement of SASRA’s vision, mission and corporate objectives.
- Ensuring the effective management and utilization of the financial, human and other resources to meet the operational, statutory, social and economic objectives of the SASRA.
- Co-ordinating and controlling the operations of functional divisions/departments and delegating the detailed implementation of the policies and programmes to managers.
- Determining how policy objectives will be achieved and consulting managers on such matters as methods of operation as well as resource requirements.
- Securing effective co-operation and collaboration with other public, private and international bodies and institutions that have important roles for the provision of integrated services.
- Ensuring compliance with Policies, Laws and Regulations.
- Maintaining a conducive work environment for attracting retaining and motivating employees while fostering a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices and good corporate citizenship.
In order to be considered, the candidate must:
- Have a minimum of ten years’ experience in financial management, co-operative practice and management, law, finance or economics;
- Be a holder of a Master’s Degree in a relevant field from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Be a member of a recognized professional body;
- Have demonstrated high degree of professional competency, administrative capabilities, strategic initiatives and a thorough understanding of public sector policy and reforms, corporate planning, financial regulation and relevant legislation that impact on attainment of the corporate goals;
- Have served in a position of senior management for a period of at least five years.
- Demonstrate strategic leadership experience
- Be proficient in relevant computer applications
Other Mandatory Requirements
In addition to academic qualifications, experience and person specifications referred to herein above, all interested applicants must satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by providing the following documents:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations.
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board.
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
SASRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and is committed to diversity and gender equality.
The post Chief Executive Officer (CEO) at Sacco Societies Regulatory Authority (SASRA) appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.