Chief Executive Officer Job Sheria SACCO
Chief Executive Officer Job at Sheria SACCO Society
Sheria SACCO Society Ltd is a Savings and credit cooperative society formally registered in 1972 with a growing membership of over 10,000 members pooled from the Judiciary, AG chambers, various Government Ministries, Business persons and anyone above the age of 18 years with an income.
Reporting directly to the Board, the incumbent will develop and deliver business and people strategies, which support the Sacco’s overall strategic aims and objectives.
S/he will lead management in creation of a stable and supportive environment within which, S/he will manage and grow the society business ensuring strategy execution.
Chief Executive Officer Job Responsibilities
- Actively lead and influence the development, implementation, and achievement of the current and future strategic and operational plans.
- Reporting to the Board on economic and industry indicators, and other relevant factors, which may influence their judgment in the formulation or modification of policy;
- Ensure that the Executive Leadership Team, models and builds a culture of internal excellence at all levels;
- Carrying out effectively the policies laid down by the Board of Directors, and ensuring that the policies are well understood and complied with by all members of the Sacco;
- Lead the achievement of the Sacco’s financial goals as per the approved Society plan and consistently meeting the key performance Indicators;
- Ensure the adequacy and soundness of the company’s financial structure; reviewing all capital expenditure requests and arrangements for additional finance-funds;
- Ensuring that adequate provision is made for keeping abreast of new technological and commercial developments pertinent to the Sacco’s field of operation and within approved budgets;
- Ensure that Human Resources of Sheria Sacco are effectively managed in terms of selection and recruitment, incentives and motivation, disciplines in line with Human Resource strategy of the Sacco;
- Provide credible and agile leadership to the senior management Team, ensuring that they actively participate in the Team, contribute to the strategic thinking and development of the Sacco, and demonstrate integrity, respect, moral ethics, sound judgement, and positive leadership, in all their duties and interactions;
- Lead the achievement of the customer service standards agreed annually and ensure the leadership, dissemination, understanding and delivery of customer centric services across the Sacco;
- Partnership & Stakeholder Management & Development – Work closely with the Board and the senior management team to establish and review strategic priorities for key partnerships;
- Ensuring a strong Risk, Compliance and Governance Framework is embedded across the organization;
- Ensure that the right skills, mind-sets, and systems are in place to continuously assess and mitigate principal risks of the Sacco.;
- Fostering an audit, risk management and compliance culture ensuring compliance with legislation and regulatory bodies is monitored;
- Risk and Audit functions of the Organization must operate independently with that of business with regular independent reporting to the Board Audit & Risk Committee.
- Works closely with the chairperson to ensure that the focus of Board Meetings is on the right issues, information is available in a timely and effective manner and the best advice and counsel are drawn from Board members during meetings and as required throughout;
- Engage and give back to communities we operate in, in terms of Sheria Sacco’s Corporate and Social Responsibility Values.
Qualifications for the Chief Executive Officer Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Business development related field. A master’s degree will be an added advantage;
- Membership of relevant professional bodies e.g. ICPAK, MSK, IHRM, ICPSK etc.
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in vibrant organizations, 5 of which must be in a senior management position;
- Demonstrate expert business knowledge and proficiency in financial management, business development, institutional leadership, corporate communication, and strategic planning;
- High standards of professionalism and integrity;
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
How to Apply
If you believe and can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the above roles, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, current remuneration, e-mail, and telephone contacts and quoting the reference number on your application letter.
To be considered, your application must be received via email, addressed to:
Email: [email protected]
Application Deadline Friday 31st August 2018