Chief Financial Officer at Barclays Bank
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
The CFO for First Assurance Kenya is responsible for the Financial Management function of First Assurance Kenya. The role reports to both the Managing Director of First Assurance and the CFO of AFS/WIMI. The role has extensive interaction with senior management and the heads of each of the businesses within WIMI. Key to the role is to ensure financial alignment of the First Assurance Kenya financial performance and financial planning with the strategy and strategic objective of the cluster. This includes managing of First Assurance Kenya medium and short-term financial plans and evaluation financial performance on an ongoing basis.
Accountability: Financial planning, budgeting and forecasting:
- Full responsibility for the target setting process within First Assurance Kenyaincluding presenting the final budget and 5 year plan to key management with the business.
- Oversee the co-ordination, control and management of process around the short-term and medium term plans as well as in-year forecasts.
- Compile, measure and report financial and business results for individual business areas (monthly, quarterly, half yearly) by focusing on the key business drivers of results (such as transactional volumes leading to non-interest revenue) for inclusion in the financial results as reported in the Flash and Exco reports.
- Review results and query variances with franchise. Obtain commentary on the variances against budget and forecast for inclusion in the flash and Exco reporting.
- Ensure financial plans are aligned to strategic objectives and focused.
- Evaluate performance within each Business Unit and recommend improvement based on informed executive decision-making.
- Ensure alignment with Barclays strategy, objectives and guidelines
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ensure appropriate technology is in place to facilitate planning process across the Group.
Accountability: Analysis of financial performance:
- Ensure development and maintenance of a performance management framework and metric against which performance can be measured, this framework/metric must align to the company’s strategic objectives and strategies.
- Provide analysis of financial performance of business areas on a monthly basis
- Provide relevant business intelligence to executive management for informed decision making.
- Ensure early feedback of trends not aligned to financial plans / objective is provided for corrective action.
- Advising the business on the overall financial management of the Rest of Africa businesses, particularly on the appropriateness of the cost base given planned revenue.
- Play a key leading role in the development of a single source for financial management information that is relevant at a Group, Barclays and business area level
- Improve and maintain strategic scorecard to WIMI, Exco and Board Report on the financial delivery of strategic objectives
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of Finance’s profile, by enhancing reports, and assisting in the implementation of future reporting and forecasting models for the Rest of Africa centre