Chief ICT Officer – Information Security at KenGen
KenGen was incorporated on 1 February 1954 under the Companies Act (Chapter 486 of the Laws of Kenya) as Kenya Power Company (KPC) to construct the transmission line between Nairobi and Tororo in Uganda as well as to develop geothermal and other generating facilities in the country. Since its inception, KPC sold electricity in bulk at cost to Kenya Power under a management contract.
Reporting to the Finance & ICT Director, the job holder will be responsible for overseeing and implementing the company’s Cyber security program and enforcing the cyber security policy/framework. While providing assurance in relation to the availability, integrity and confidentiality of customer, business partner, employee and business information in compliance with the organization’s information security policies.
- Develop, implement and monitor a strategic, comprehensive enterprise information security and IT risk management program
- Work directly with the business units to facilitate risk assessment and risk management processes
- Develop and enhance an information security management framework
- Understand and interact with related disciplines through committees to ensure the consistent application of policies and standards across all technology projects, systems and services
- Provide leadership to the enterprise’s information security organization
- Partner with business stakeholders across the company to raise awareness of risk management concerns
- Assist with the overall business technology planning, providing a current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems
Requirements for Appointment
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or in a related field required.
- Specific experience in Agile (scaled) software development or other best in class development practices.
- Minimum of eight to 8 years of experience in a combination of risk management, information security and IT jobs, with a least five (5) of which must be at a senior officer level.
- Relevant professional membership is mandatory
- Professional security management certification (Certified Information Security Professional, Cisco Certified Network Associate /Security Administrator
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and high level of personal integrity.
- Innovative thinking and leadership with an ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams.
- Experience with contract and vendor negotiations and management including managed services.
- Experience with Cloud computing/Elastic computing across virtualized environments.
- Manage IT staff by training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations, and appraising their performance.
- Prepare and submit periodic reports in a timely manner.
Minimum Years of Working Experience : 8
Minimum Education Level : Undergraduate
The post Chief ICT Officer – Information Security at KenGen appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.