Chief Inspectorate Officer at County Government of Nyeri
Welcome to Nyeri County. A leading giant in food production and a key player for the central tourism circuit.
Job Group ‘M’
The holder will report to the Principal Inspectorate Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertaking day-to-day administrative and operational responsibility in his or her area of jurisdiction;
- Ensuring imposed and prescribed penalties are paid as per the law;
- Managing Shift register;
- Developing security and enforcement programs within his or her area of assignment;
- Screening people entering county offices, public places and providing VIP protection;
- Ensuring compliance to Values and Principles of the Public Service in area of jurisdiction;
- Initiating sanctions and rewards for officers;
- Responsible for orderly conduct and discipline of junior officers; and
- Executing orders and warrants lawfully issued to county law breakers.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements for Appointment
- Must be Kenyan Citizen
- Served in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service or Private Sector for a minimum period of six (6) years;
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: -Security Management, Criminology and Fraud Management, Criminology and Security Studies, Criminal Justice; Police Science, Military Science, Forensic Investigations and Penology or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in First Aid lasting not less than two (2) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Certificate in computer application skills
- Compliance with Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
Terms of service: Three (3) years contract.
Salary and benefits: Salary will be as per the regulations by Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
The following clearance certificates should be attached to the application:
- A Higher Education Loans Board Clearance Certificate;
- A Valid Certificate of Good Conduct / Police clearance
- A Credit Reference Bureau Clearance Certificate from a recognized body;
- A Kenya Revenue Authority Clearance Certificate;
Method of Application
Hard copy of duly filled Employment Form together with the required documents should be sent or hand delivered to:
Nyeri County Public Service Board,
Karson’s Photo House Kimathi Street
P.O Box 90-10100,
Cellphone: 0745342000 / 0733977003
All applications (hard delivered or through post office) should be received on or before 7th July 2020 at 5.00pm
- Any communication from the County Public Service Board SHALL be through the above provided address and cellphone.
- The County Public Service Board does not charge for any of the recruitment exercises, including shortlisting and appointment. Any request for payment or favor should be reported to the police or to the County Public Service Board. You can use our cellphone numbers: 0745342000 / 0733977003
- The County Government of Nyeri is an equal opportunity employer
- People living with disability are encouraged to apply
- Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted by the Board.
The post Chief Inspectorate Officer at County Government of Nyeri appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.