Chief Manager – Independent Review of Objections at Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
Department: Legal Services and Board Coordination
Division: Tax Dispute Resolution Division
Section: Independent Review of Objections Report to: Deputy Commissioner – TDR
Purpose of the Job
- Overseeing the administration of the Independent Review Of Objections including developing strategies for review of Objections, offering the required technical guidance and monitoring the performance of the unit.
Tasks and outputs:
- Development of strategies and guidelines for handling of objections.
- Assignment of duties to and supervision of the Managers in the unit.
- Monitoring objections by taxpayers to ensure they are resolved within the set timelines.
- Chairing of a Technical committee (Objection Resolution Committee) to review objections and issue Objection Decision.
- Giving technical input on complex tax, matters raised at objection stage including attending working meetings with the parties.
- Liaison with other departments on issues pertaining to objections.
- Coordinating feedback on lessons learnt for betterment of the objection process.
- Signing of objection decisions for communicating to the taxpayer.
- Liaising with stakeholders (internal and external) to gather and disseminate information of the Tax Dispute.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Commerce, Economics, Statistics, Law or related disciplines from a recognized university.
- A Master’s Degree, CPA or ACCA and other professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Must be knowledgeable and have experience in tax and/or customs administration.
- Exposure to tax and/or customs disputes management, resolution and negotiations.
- A good understanding of revenue statutes.
Minimum year of experience
- Seven (7) years’ experience in dispute resolution practice, three (3) of which should be in a management position in a comparable organization.
Competencies required for this role
- Strong administrative, managerial and leadership skills
- Excellent decision making skills and capabilities
- Excellent planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Resilient, focused and results oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Motivated, dynamic and dedicated team player.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Must be a person of integrity.
The post Chief Manager – Independent Review of Objections at Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.