Chief of Party, Kenya Leader with Associate Awards, Kenya
Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 49 projects in 30 countries and total revenues of $151 million.
ACDI/VOCA is seeking candidates for a Chief of Party role for Feed the Future Leader with Associates Awards (LWA) and Livestock Market Systems (LMS) Activity in Kenya funded by USAID. The project enables people, households, and communities to increase their resilience, sustainably moving out of poverty and chronic vulnerability.
The COP will focus on developing and overseeing the implementation of strategies across Associate Awards, will lead coordination and development within the overall USAID Kenya LWA portfolio and will provide technical supervision of livestock market systems activities.
- Provide overall leadership and technical direction for the program, including leading the strategic planning, implementation and reporting
- Provide overall technical vision, leadership, and project management
- Manage and supervise work of all international consultants, local project staff and subcontractors
- Ensure technical, schedule, and financial performance of the project in accordance with USAID rules and regulations, the scope of work, and annual work plans
- Serve as the project’s key liaison with headquarters, government counterparts, private sector stakeholders, subcontractors, academic institutions, and other local partners to exchange information and develop professional relationships
- Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID regarding day-to-day implementation and management matters relating to the contract
- Collaboratively create and implement a strategic, long-term programmatic vision
- Evaluate sub-contractor and grantee activities through consultative meetings, site visits and reporting requirements
- Ensure that the activities and results are implemented in a timely manner within the approved budget
- Design, develop and implement strategies and project work plans to improve livestock productivity, strengthen market linkages, and expand access to markets for pastoralists
- Analyze project impact and challenges to adaptively manage the project to meet or exceed results
- Develop professional relationships, and further program goals and objectives
- Oversee program administration, human resources management, budget pipeline, and finances, ensuring compliance with USAID and ACDI/VOCA policies and procedures
- Represent ACDI/VOCA at meetings and events as required and keep HQ informed regarding new opportunities in the country and region
- Advanced degree in business, agricultural sciences, livestock, animal health and science, livestock management, or related field
- Minimum ten years of progressively responsible supervisory work experience including direct supervision of professional and support staff and assembling teams working on multi-faceted international development projects, preferably in Africa
- Proven Chief of Party experience on a large, complex USAID-funded contract of comparable complexity and scope
- Ability to collaborate successfully with host-country government officials, international donors, and private sector stakeholders
- Extensive management experience and strong leadership and communication skills required
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills with evidence of ability to productively interact with a wide range and levels of organizations (producers, government, private sector, NGOs, and research institutions)
- Demonstrated ability to build coalitions and networks that can provide synergies and sustainable solutions to food security issues
- Experience in conflict areas or similar environments preferred
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. No phone calls please. Only finalists will be contacted. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. EOE.