Chief Physical Planner Jobs, County Government Jobs 2020, Kisumu County Jobs,
JG ‘M’ (2 POSTS) Ref: KSM/CPSB/2020/027
Terms of service: Three (3) years’ Contract
Reporting to the County Director of Physical Planning an officer at this level will be responsible for;
- Initiating, preparing and monitoring implementation of sub-county and local physical and Land use plans;
- Providing advice on development applications and development control matters;
- Implementing and providing feedback on physical planning guidelines and standards;
- Collecting, collating and analyzing urban and regional planning data;
- Preparation of action plans for specific projects within the county;
- Undertaking studies on matters relating to physical planning within the county;
- Setting agenda and convening physical planning liaison committee meetings and keeping records of deliberation and communicating decisions of the committee;
- Managing physical & land use planning data.
For appointment to this position, an officer must;
- Have served in the grade of Senior Physical Planner (Job group L) for atleast 3 years or a comparable position in the private sector for a period of 6 years.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:-Urban & Regional Planning, Urban Planning, Town Planning or any other equivalent qualifications from a recognized university
- Be a corporate member of Kenya Institute of Planners (KIP), Architectural Association of Kenya (Town Planning Chapter) or Town and County Planners Association of Kenya (TCPAK)
- Have a certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution
- Have demonstrated merit and shown ability as reflected in work performance and results
- Any relevant post graduate qualification will be an added advantage
- Meet the requirements of chapter 6 of the constitution.
How To Apply
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website. All dully filled forms should be signed, scanned and sent in pdf format to [email protected] by 22nd May 2020. Do not attach copies of Certificates.
Please note that the Board will NOT receive applications in hard copies as a result of measures put in place by the Government of Kenya to limit the spread of COVID-19.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The County Government of Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, the youth and persons with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply and indicate so in their applications.