Chief Valuation Officer Jobs, Current County Government Jobs, Kisumu County Jobs,
JG ‘M’ (2 POSTS) Ref: KSM/CPSB/2020/028
Terms of service: Three (3) years’ Contract
Reporting to the County Director of Land Administration, an officer at this position will be responsible for coordinating land valuation within the county.
- Implement Constitutional and Statutory provisions on land administration;
- Coordinate valuation for stamp-duty payable on land transactions;
- Coordinate review of rents for lease extensions and change in user of land;
- Prepare management of reports on regular basis;
- Develop and maintain a databank of property values;
- Coordinate implementation of valuation rolls for ratable property and providing advice on assessment for payment;
- Handle and provide feedback to the public on land valuation and taxation matters;
- Coordinate with National Land Commission on valuations for compulsory acquisition and easements for the County;
- Attend court proceedings as an expert witness in matters of valuation and compulsory acquisition;
- Perform any other duty assigned by the director of land administration.
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Land Economics from a recognized university
- Be a full member of the Institute of Surveyors-Land Valuation and Estate Management Chapter of Kenya in good standing
- Knowledge and Understanding of Relevant Legislation
- Knowledge and proficiency in Geographic Information System will be an added advantage
- Meet the requirements of chapter 6 of the constitution
How To Apply
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website. All dully filled forms should be signed, scanned and sent in pdf format to [email protected] by 22nd May 2020. Do not attach copies of Certificates.
Please note that the Board will NOT receive applications in hard copies as a result of measures put in place by the Government of Kenya to limit the spread of COVID-19.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The County Government of Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, the youth and persons with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply and indicate so in their applications.