Climate Change Job, County Government Jobs In Kenya 2020,
Terms of Service: Three (3) Years Contract
Salary and allowances: as per the Salary and Remuneration Commission guidelines
Reporting to the Chief Officer, the Director Climate Change will be responsible for the following:
- Establishing Climate Change Directorate in the County and develop staff and institutional capacity;
- Advising on all matters related to climate change programmes, projects and activities in the County;
- Building capacity for other institutions and stakeholders for County’s Appropriate Mitigation Actions (CAMAs) and Measurement, Reporting and Verification (MRV)
- Advising on matters relating to National and County legislation, policy, coordination, regulation and monitoring of climate change governance;
- In charge of developing, implementation and monitoring of climate change strategic plans, work plans, appropriate programs, performance targets, budgets, standards, rules and guidelines, and all other climate change activities in the county;
- Awareness creation on climate change matters in the county at all levels;
- Resource mobilization for climate change function including writing bankable proposals;
- Served in the grade of Principal Climate Change Programme Coordination Officer or in a comparable position for a minimum of three (3) years;
- Served in the Public Service for at least Seven (7) years or equivalent, three of which must be at senior level, Job Group P, in the climate Change or related field;
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Climate Change and Climate Systems; Meteorology, Environmental Studies and Natural Resource Sciences or related fields;
- Master’s Degree in related fields;
- Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- Knowledge in computer applications;
- Good analytical and communication skills;
- Such other equivalent qualifications as may be approved from time to time.
- Satisfy the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity.
How To Apply
The applicants should download the application for Employment form “VCPSB/APP.01A-2018” on the official County Website, complete it and submit to the undersigned on or before Tuesday 4th August, 2020 at 5pm.
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD,
P.O. BOX 880-50300
QUEENS ARCADE BUILDING MBALE TOWN
ALONG KISUMU KAKAMEGA ROAD
- Attach your ID card , Academic, Professional or any other documents to the application form
- County Government of Vihiga is an equal opportunity employer and encourages People Living with Disabilities, Youth and Women to apply.
- County Public Service Board does not charge any recruitment fee whatsoever. Do Not Pay Money to Fraudsters because Our services are absolutely free
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
- Those with certificates from foreign institutions must have them certified by the relevant authority.