Clinical Officer Job MOH – Career Point Kenya
Clinical Officer Job, Latest Medical Jobs In Kenya,
Position: Clinical Officer
The Kenya COVID-19 Health Emergency Response project is the Phase 1 of the Multi-Phase Programmatic Approach for Strategic Preparedness and Response Program funded by the World Bank which aims to prevent, detect and respond to the threat posed by COVID-19 and strengthen national systems for public health preparedness. The proposed project aims to assist Kenya in its efforts to prevent, detect and respond to the threat posed by COVID- 19 and strengthen national systems for public health preparedness.
The Government is implementing a Presidential directive that, since 16th May 2020, all drivers of cargo vehicles shall be subjected to mandatory COVID-19 disease testing and will only be granted entry into the territory of the Republic of Kenya if they test negative1. There is also a directive of mass testing of frontline workers at the points of entry. To effectively implement this there is need to increase personnel capacity for Clinical Officers, Nursing Officers and Public Health Officers (PHOs) in selected POES and inland surveillance sites along the major transport corridors in Kenya and in Counties at the borders. To operationalize these mentioned areas, four (4) Clinical Officers, fifteen (15) Public Health Officers and Six (6) Nursing Officers will be contracted for in these areas. This will form part of the strategic preparedness and response which is aimed at prevention, detection and response to the threat posed by COVID-19 and consequently strengthening national systems for public health preparedness.
The clinical Officers will take the lead in responding to all medical cases and be responsible for secondary screening and recommending referrals at points of entry for COVID-19 response. These services will be required in the following One Stop Border Points (OSBP), and Inland Container Depot: 1) Namanga OSBP, 2) Busia OSBP, 3) Malaba OSBP, 4) Naivasha Inland Container Depot
- Take the lead in responding to all medical emergencies and Public Health Emergencies of International Concern (PHEIC) within the Point of
- Take the lead in undertaking secondary screening at the point of entry
- Recommend and oversee medical referrals after secondary screening
- Oversee medical
- Follow up on patient progress after
- Perform general medical duties such as taking history, examining patients, ordering tests and interpreting laboratory results for disease diagnosis, isolation and treatment
- Performing routine medical and minor surgical procedures, within the point of entry
- Keep record of all cases seen within the point of entry
- Confirmation of death occurring within the point of entry
- Have a diploma in Clinical Medicine or Bachelor degree Clinical Medicine
- Must be registered by the Clinical Officers Council
- Holder of a valid practising License from Clinical Officers Council
- At least 2 years working experience in clinical medicine
- Knowledge of Infection, Prevention and Control in health facilities
- Experience working with Ministry of Health systems on COVID 19 is an added advantage
- Good report writing and analytical skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
How to apply
Applications should state the specific location applied for as stipulated above and include the following; Cover letter and current CV with names and telephone contacts, Copies of academic and professional certificates, Photocopy of ID and Testimonials/ Recommendation.
Interested applicants who meet the minimum criteria are invited to email their applications to [email protected] on or before Tuesday, 7th July 2020.