Clinical Oncologist at Caremax Health
CAREMAX Health is a US-Diaspora initiative and your “one-stop-shop out-patient facility” that offers a wide range of services aimed at meeting your needs in a holistic manner
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing and treating cancer patients in coordination with the other departmental staff throughout the entire course of cancer treatment.
- Collecting medical histories and performing physical evaluations in addition to basic administrative duties, such as maintaining records, coordinating with other medical personnel, to offer treatment to patients.
- Investigate and request appropriate investigations and able to interpret them in order to select appropriate oncologic treatment options.
- Prescribing various types of treatment, such as chemotherapy, medications and targeted hormonal therapy.
- Performing procedures to treat regions of the body affected by cancer treatment.
- Writing prescriptions, providing specific cancer information to patients, monitoring treatment plans and improving patients’ quality of life.
- Explaining cancer development stages to patients, discussing treatment options and assisting in symptom management.
- Caring for patients throughout the entire course of cancer treatment, from diagnosis to recovery or death.
- Ensure quality assurance is achieved on equipment, accessories and treatment plans to enhance patient safety
- Maintain accurate database of patient information and treatment plans.
- Active participation in Multi-Disciplinary Team meetings and able to consult widely with other sub specialty in Oncology for the best interest of the patient.
- Be research oriented and able to enhance evidence based practice
- Any other duty assigned from time to time.
- Masters of Medicine in Clinical Oncology.
- Specialist Recognition from Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council
- Valid registration and annual practice license
- Minimum experience (over 2 years)
- Sound diagnostic skills and judgment
- Advance Cardiac Life Support (added advantage)
- Advance Trauma Life Support (added advantage)
- Paediatric Advanced Life Support (added advantage)
- Proficiency in I.T. with regards to Oncology Information System and able to practice in a paperless working environment (added advantage)
The post Clinical Oncologist at Caremax Health appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.