Clinical Oncologist Specialist Jobs, Current Medical Jobs, Nairobi Hospital Jobs,
Reporting to the Director Medical Services and Research the successful candidate will be responsible for the following amongst others:
- Managing and treating cancer patients in coordination with the other departmental staff throughout the entire course of cancer treatment.
- Collecting medical histories and performing physical evaluations in addition to basic administrative duties, such as maintaining records, coordinating with other medical personnel, to offer treatment to patients.
- Investigate and request appropriate investigations and able to interpret them in order to select appropriate oncologic treatment options.
- Prescribing various types of treatment, such as chemotherapy, medications and targeted hormonal therapy.
- Treatment of cancer patients using advanced treatment technology like IMRT, VMAT, intra-cavity/interstitial Brachytherapy, 3D Conformal Radiotherapy and manipulation of computer based tools in achieving treatment goals.
- Performing procedures to treat regions of the body affected by cancer treatment.
- Writing prescriptions, providing specific cancer information to patients, monitoring treatment plans and improving patients’ quality of life.
- Explaining cancer development stages to patients, discussing treatment options and assisting in symptom management.
- Caring for patients throughout the entire course of cancer treatment, from diagnosis to recovery or death.
- Ensure quality assurance is achieved on equipment, accessories and treatment plans to enhance patient safety
- Maintain accurate database of patient information and treatment plans.
- Active participation in Multi-Disciplinary Team meetings and able to consult widely with other sub specialty in Oncology for the best interest of the patient.
- Be research oriented and able to enhance evidence based practice
- Any other duty assigned from time to time.
- Masters of Medicine in Clinical Oncology.
- Specialist Recognition from Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council
- Valid registration and annual practice license
- Minimum experience (over 5 years)
- Sound diagnostic skills and judgment
- Valid license from Kenya Radiation Protection Board with prior experience of working with linear accelerators and simulation equipment
- Delivery of radiotherapy in a facility equipped with Image Modulated Radiation Therapy, Prostate brachytherapy Volumetric Arc Therapy and Radio-Iodine Treatment will be an added advantage
- Detail oriented
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good interpersonal relations
- Advance Cardiac Life Support (added advantage)
- Advance Trauma Life Support (added advantage)
- Paediatric Advanced Life Support (added advantage)
- Proficiency in I.T. with regards to Oncology Information System and able to practice in a paperless working environment (added advantage)
How To Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the provided specifications, please send us your application to : [email protected] quoting the reference and include your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees to be received not later than Friday, 8th May, 2020.
- ONLY ONLINE applications will be accepted and ONLY SHORTLISTED candidates will be contacted.
- The Nairobi Hospital does NOT charge recruitment fees.
- Candidates invited for interviews will be required to present both originals and clear copies (where applicable) of the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA PIN Certificate
- Current Colored Passport Photo
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- Academic and Professional Certificates
- Certificates of Service from previous employers
HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR
THE NAIROBI HOSPITAL
P.O. BOX 30026 – 00100
Mail: [email protected]