Clinical Psychologist Job MOH – Career Point Kenya
Clinical Psychologists Job, Latest Medical Jobs In Kenya,
Position: Clinical Psychologists (40 positions)
The Kenya COVID-19 Health Emergency Response project is the Phase 1 of the Multi-Phase Programmatic Approach for Strategic Preparedness and Response Program funded by the World Bank which aims to prevent, detect and respond to the threat posed by COVID-19 and strengthen national systems for public health preparedness. The proposed project aims to assist Kenya in its efforts to prevent, detect and respond to the threat posed by COVID- 19 and strengthen national systems for public health preparedness.
The Psychologists officers in health will be required to offer Psychological First Aid (PFA) in the Kenyan context, as well as other interventions targeted at serving the special groups of both health workers and those directly affected by the pandemic. The Psychologists will be expected to be able to work effectively with the broader team members, in delivering evidence-based interventions. The psychologists will be guided by Mental health & Psychosocial support (MHPSS) guidelines and other existing health policies, guidelines and standards.
The Psychologists will be responsible for: Provision of MHPSS to different target groups affected by the COVID-19 Pandemic; to the healthcare workers involved in the COVID-19 pandemic response; collect data and provide analysis on the provision of MHPSS in contribution to the collective response around COVID-19 in Kenya. The work will be based in Ministry of Health Headquarters, Kenyatta National Hospital, Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital and Mathari National Teaching & Referral Hospital.
- Conduct psychological assessment and diagnosis of clients
- Provision of pre and post-test counselling tailored to COVID 19
- Provide Psychological first aid (PFA) and other appropriate psychological interventions to different target audiences: (People in quarantine, Persons with COVID 19 & their families, Health care workers & frontline workers including response teams, Persons in recovery, Survivors of Gender Based Violence, Persons in prisons, Families of the bereaved, General public)
- Develop treatment plans and possible referrals
- Follow up on client progress
- Provide continuous psychoeducation to clients, families and caregivers
- Clinical supervision for mental health service providers
- Rehabilitation & reintegration of persons in recovery
- Take part in mandatory training by the MOH on COVID-19 and the framework for response in Kenya. The Psychologists will also be expected to take part in contextualized PFA training (to the current epidemic), to refresh their understanding of any previous training that they may have had on
- Be on call to deliver MHPSS interventions as requested and dictated by the duty rota.
- Be part of a Quarantine Center team, headed by both a lead and Clinical supervisor.
- Prepare daily reports of their activities, in a format that will be given to them by the MHPSS Committee.
- A Bachelor’s degree in either medical psychology, health psychology or any other relevant and equivalent qualification in a health-related field from a recognized institution.
- At least 3 years of professional experience as a psychologist
- Registration with the relevant professional body
- Previous training in Psychological First Aid for the Kenyan context;
- Experience in being part of MHPSS team responses during previous disasters or emergencies. in the Kenyan context;
- Willingness to gain knowledge and understanding of PFA for the MHPSS response in the
- Demonstrated experience in strengthening collaboration and coordination among public and private stakeholders;
- Professional fluency in both Kiswahili and English required, both written and verbal;
- Strong presentation, reporting, and communication skills;
- Proficiency in computer application skills
- Ability and willingness to work remotely with reliable internet connection and in rare situations, travel to see
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, including work and partnering abilities;
- High levels of Professional Ethical
How to apply
Applications should include the following; Cover letter and current CV with names and telephone contacts, Copies of academic and professional certificates, Photocopy of ID and Testimonials/ Recommendation.
Interested applicants who meet the minimum criteria are invited to email their applications to [email protected] on or before Wednesday, 8th July 2020.