Agribusiness Management Lecturer Job, Latest Teaching Jobs in Kenya June 2021,
LECTURER AGRIBUSINESS MANAGEMENT – Grade 12, Ref CUK/AA/DCAM-AM/L/5/21 (1)
Basic Salary per month: Kshs. (99, 409/= – 140, 683/=.)
House Allowance per month: Kshs. (55, 286/=)
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Must possess an earned PhD, Masters and Bachelors Degree in Agribusiness Management or related field;
- Possession of the following requirements will be an added advantage;
- Experience in developing and reviewing curriculum;
- Experience in the industry or academia;
- Evidence of publications and attracting research funds; and
- Membership in a relevant professional body.
Duties and Responsibilities for academic positions:
- Teaching undergraduate students and or postgraduate (in writing good academic proposal and publications) and supervise students research;
- Preparing learning and teaching materials to enable better delivery of content and achievement of the objectives of the course;
- Delivering the course content to students through lectures ensuring that they follow the curriculum objectives;
- Evaluating the delivery models and make appropriate improvements to ensure quality teaching and learning;
- Setting, moderating, invigilating and marking exams in order to gauge the effectiveness of teaching and learning;
- Carrying out a needs assessment for curriculum; identify the content gaps in order to produce competent graduates;
- Developing and reviewing the curriculum and ensure that it complies with the Commission for University Education guidelines and that is relevant to the job market and the standing of the University;
- Carrying out research in their areas of specialization by writing grant proposals, publishing and disseminating research results to create and enhance knowledge;
- Disseminating research result through publications, conferences, workshops to make knowledge accessible to the public;
- Managing research grants and project, prepare budgets for the respective funds and ensure good and appropriate use of the same;
- Developing work plans and timelines to ensure the objectives of the research are well achieved;
- Preparation of reports as required by funding agencies g. financial reports and research output;
- Provision of consultancy services with key stakeholders in areas of expertise for improved social-economic development;
- Creating, maintaining and expanding linkages with both local and international through networking to improve individual and institutional visibility;
- Serving as an expert in local and international committees and panels ensuring appropriate dissemination of knowledge;
- Participation in the University open day, field day, an exhibition for the enhancements of the image of the University.
How to apply
- Visit the University website cuk.ac.ke on the footer under the IMPORTANT LINKS section, CLICK on ONLINE RECRUITMENT PORTAL, log in and fill the application form, attach testimonials then submit the online application;
- Submit three (3) hard copies of the letter of application, certificates, testimonials and updated curriculum vitae to include full details of education, professional qualifications, experience, membership with professional bodies present salary, names and addresses of three referees;
- Academic staff should include:
- Evidence of publications;
- Evidence of supervision of postgraduate students;
- Evidence of curricula developed;
- Evidence research funds
- Clearly indicate the position and the reference number on the application letter and on the envelope which should be addressed to:
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor, FPA,
The Co-operative University of Kenya, P.O Box 24814-00502.
Karen, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Recommendations from at least three (3) referees should be sent separately to the address above on or before Thursday, 17th June, 2021 at 12 noon;
- All applications must be received by Thursday, 17th June, 2021 at 12 noon. Applications received later than this period will not be considered;
- SHORTLISTED candidates will be required to submit VALID AND CURRENT clearance certificates from the following:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct); and
- Registered Credit Reference Bureau;
- In addition, those with academic qualifications obtained from foreign Universities will also be expected to undertake recognition and equation of their certificates from the Commission of University Education (CUE).
Note 1: The Co-operative University of Kenya is an Equal opportunity employer; Female applicants, persons with disabilities and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply.
Note 2: Failure to submit both the online and three (3) hard copies of applications as highlighted above will lead to automatic disqualification.
Note 3: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.