Commodities Specialist at LVCT Health
LVCT Health is an indigenous Kenyan non-governmental and not-for-profit organization established in 2001. We are driving Kenya towards HIV prevention, with an ultimate goal of reducing HIV infections to zero. We offer integrated HIV services through development of models that are scaled up to the national models. We also carry out sexual and reproductive health research – translating our research to policy and practice; providing evidence for HIV policy reforms and service delivery; and developing capacities of indigenous organizations in building sustainable human resources for community HIV Prevention. We give special attention to those with greatest vulnerability to infection and with special service needs – including survivors of sexual violence, persons living with disabilities, men who have sex with men, Youth and Sex Workers. Our offices are in Nairobi, Western Region, Eastern and Central Region and Rift Valley.
REPORTING TO: Chief of Party
LOCATION: Coast Region
The Commodities Specialist will be responsible for providing technical leadership in management of pharmaceuticals and non–pharmaceuticals towards promoting commodity security and strengthening commodity supply chain management system in facilities, sub Counties and Counties in all USAID Stawisha Pwani program areas.
Roles & Responsibilities
Prepare commodity strategic plans, work plans, budgets and performance reports as per USAID requirements.
- Support a sustainable supply chain for HIV/AIDS and FP/RMNCAH and Nutrition commodities in the counties by working closely with the relevant stakeholders to ensure prompt approval and timely delivery of pharmaceutical and non–pharmaceutical supplies.
- Conduct trainings and staff mentorship in USAID supported facilities on selection, forecasting, reordering, monitoring and reporting of health commodities.
- Strengthen logistical systems for management of health commodities to ensure conformity with the Kenya Quality Model for Health (KQMH) guidelines.
- Ensure rapid response and contingency support in the event of commodity shortages and compliance with the USAID commodity regulations.
- Develop and monitor implementation of the project supply chain quality improvement system.
- Develop and strengthen pharmacovigilance monitoring, reporting systems and Medicine and Therapeutic Committees (MTC) together with the relevant stakeholders.
- Provide short turn–around responses to donor, government and partner requests on commodities and supply chain relevant to Stawisha Pwani project.
- Actively participate in the development/revision of county and national commodity and supply chain related strategies and strategic plans, policies, guidelines and standard operating procedures (SOPs) through the respective commodity Technical Working Groups.
- An undergraduate degree in Pharmacy or related sciences. Post–graduate qualifications in pharmacy, healthcare management and/ or commodity/supply chain management and other relevant field will be an added advantage.
- 8–year work experience, with 5 of those being in donor funded programs. Commodity and supply chain management experience is highly desirable.
- Good communication, training and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to foster and sustain relationships within projects and with the governments and donors.
- Ability to work in a team.
- A valid professional certificate and practice license is mandatory.
The post Commodities Specialist at LVCT Health appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.