Communications Assistant Job Engineers Board Of Kenya
Communications Assistant Job, Communication Jobs 2021,
REF: EBK/HR & ADM/RT/030/VOL I (205)
Job Title: Communications Assistant
Terms of Engagement: Temporary for one (1) Year
Remuneration: Gross Consolidated Remuneration of Ksh. 40,000 per month
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carryout daily and periodical media monitoring and prepare reports;
- Generate draft content for Boards publications such as magazines, newsletters, articles, brochures branding materials. etc.
- Create draft media and branding contents to be disseminated via Social Media Sites, blogs as social media posts;
- Prepare reports on research on the attitude and perceptions of the stakeholders (customer satisfaction surveys) as well as emerging issues on information and public communications;
- Assist in the preparation and organization of fora where Board policies, programmes and projects can be propagated and promoted;
- Drafting of content for speeches, press releases,documentaries and other brand messages;
- Creating, managing and growing the Board’s online presence through updating social media sites and other relevant online platforms;
- Assisting in the establishment and maintaining regular contact with media houses and practitioners with a view to enhancing goodwill and positive coverage for the Board;
- Facilitate the social corporate responsibility events for the Board;
- Make draft communication strategies and policies and participate in the reviewing of the policies;
- Handling, receiving,acknowledging and responding to official emails;
- Guides the relevant staffing the management of Boards incoming and outgoing calls / call center and walk in clients/ visitors; and
- Assisting in the scheduling of media interviews and press conferences.
- Degree in Communications/ Public Relations
- At least three (3) years relevant experience in communications
- Membership to the professional body will be an added advantage
Competencies and Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Listening skills
- Understanding of the Boards mandate
- Team work
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates who meet the above requirements are invited to log onto the Boards recruitment portal via https://ebk.or.ke /career-opportunities and must complete the registration and submit the same as well as attach the following documents;
· Cover Letter
· Detailed CVs (giving current contact details of three (3) referees),
· Copies of all academic and professional certificates, copies of testimonials, details of current position, current remuneration
· Copy of National Identification Card or Passport.
All applications must be submitted through the e-recruitment portal to be considered. No Hard Copy Application will be accepted.
Only apply for one (1) position of which you are most suited.
All applications (Cover Letters) must be received not later than 28th January, 2021 at 1700Hours.
ENGINEERS BOARD OF KENYA,
P. O. Box 30324-00100 NAIROBI.
The Board is an equal-opportunity employer in keeping with its obligations under the Constitution of Kenya 2010 particularly Articles 10, 27(4) and 232. The Board therefore encourages qualified persons irrespective of gender, age, race, culture, religion, marital status or disability to apply.