Communications Intern at Terre des Hommes Netherlands
Terre des hommes is the leading Swiss child relief agency. We are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world’s most vulnerable children. Children are the first to suffer in times of war, natural disasters and as a result of poverty. At Terre des hommes, our goal is to steadily improve the conditions of the most vulnerable children worldwide. We are focused on five main objectives: â€¢ Improving the health of infants up to the age of 3 and of children in need of specialised medical care â€¢ Protecting migrant children â€¢ Preventing child exploitation â€¢ Promoting restorative justice for children in conflict with the law â€¢ Providing humanitarian aid to children and their families in times of emergency and crisis OUR PROGRAMMES AND PROJECTS REVOLVE AROUND â€¢ Children’s rights and their best interests â€¢ Creating a strong local presence in close proximity to children, their families and communities â€¢ Establishing close cooperation with local bodies based on respect â€¢ Constant improvement and innovation â€¢ Enhancing heath and protection systems in the long term â€¢ Gaining recognition in Switzerland as a reliable organisation and source of financing
Objective of the internship
To help and support the communication activities carried in the region East Africa, with audiences that are both external (for organisational profiling) and internal (information and technical support needs of colleagues).
The communications intern reports and receives technical guidance from the Senior Regional Communications Officer in East Africa with whom (s)he will be working closely together.
Main duties and responsibilities
Support in implementing the communication planning for the region East Africa
- Produce and publish items on social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn) in support of Terre des Hommes Netherlands’s work in countries and in the region.
- Maintain, update and improve the Terre des Hommes Netherlands website for East Africa, following the Terre des Hommes Netherlands communication planning for East Africa.
- Produce high quality case stories to be used for internal and external communication purposes.
- Produce communication and profiling materials for the region, such as one pager fact sheets.
- Assist in supporting the country teams in their communication needs, such as reviewing Information, Education and Communication materials and stories / reports.
Knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or multimedia.
- Experience in Social Media and web content management (including working with content management software), writing and editing for the web and Social Media, graphic design and site management.
- Computer literacy: well conversant with working in the Google Cloud and its applications (Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc), including basic skills in working with photo and video editing software.
- Ability to undertake desk research using various (mainly internal) resources.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, in fluent English.
- A good command of French will be an asset.
- Thorough and precise working style, with strong attention to detail.
- Dynamic, self-motivated and self-starting personality who can and will take initiative.
- Social skills to work on his/her own within a team.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of child protection issues in East Africa.
- Ability to plan and organise well, setting goals and achieving results in line with the goals set.
- Ability to respond flexibly to changing priorities.
The post Communications Intern at Terre des Hommes Netherlands appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.