Communications Officer at HAKI
HAKI Africa is a national human rights organisation based in Mombasa working to improve livelihoods and enhance the progressive realization of human rights in Kenya. Initiated in 2012, the organisation promotes partnership between state and non-state actors in order to constantly improve the well-being of individuals and communities and ensure respect for human rights and rule of law by all.
About the position
The Communications Officer will be responsible for steering effective and interactive communication, across different mediums, as well as through the design, writing, production and distribution of communication materials. He/She will encourage a knowledge atmosphere; plan for and ensure that learning sessions take place; ensure proper documentation; and publicize the organization. He/She will ensure that the annual communication plans are developed; Monitoring and Evaluation of Projects. He/She shall prepare content for Conventional and Social Media use.
- Be responsible for the communication department of the Organization;
- Develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience;
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization’s activities, products and/or services;
- Respond to media inquiries and arrange for interviews for the organization;
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database; and
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the organization, and coordinate publicity events as required.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field;
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ relevant experience in a communications role;
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (In Design/Photo shop);
- Proven verbal, written, and interpersonal skills; and
- Ability to communicate in foreign UN language is an added advantage.
The post Communications Officer at HAKI appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.