Communications Radio Technology Expert at National Communications Secretariat
The National Communications Secretariat (hereafter, the Secretariat), was established through the Kenya Information and Communications Act 1998.
This function is expected to advise on the adoption of Radio communication policies including regulations, guidelines and other official National Government instruments which:- promote the benefits of technological development to all users of ICTs; foster national safety and security, economic prosperity and the delivery of critical social services through ICT; facilitate and contribute to the full development of competition and efficiency in the provision of services both within and outside Kenya; and foster full and efficient use of ICT resources including effective use of the radio frequency spectrum by the Government in a manner which encourages the most beneficial use thereof in the public interest.
The Communications Radio Technology Expert is responsible to the Communications Secretary for research, analysis and formulation of broadcasting and radio communication (spectrum planning and management) policies.
- Research, analysis, formulation and drafting of radio communications policies through use of best practices during deliberations of ITU Radio Communication Sector (ITU-R) nationally, regionally and globally.
- Contribution and presentation of best practice research during the National Preparatory Committees of the World Radio Communications Conferences
- Providing policy and/or technical advice on the Broadcasting sector.
- Providing advice and updating country papers on Radio Frequency
- Coordinating participation of Kenya in technical international radio spectrum management and radio communication (e.g. International Telecommunication Union meetings).
- Interfacing with other National, Regional and International bodies on ICT policy and
- Participate in ITU’s Radio Communication Bureau
- Attend and represent the Secretariat/Ministry at meetings organized by the International Telecommunications Union (ITU), African Telecommunications Union (ATU) and other bodies dealing with telecommunications and radio frequency
- Researching and analyzing radiofrequency spectrum communication
- Leading on advisories and related drafts on Multimedia
- Leading stakeholder engagement in radio communication, broadcasting and media.
- Representing the Communications Secretary when called upon.
- Working with other experts to ensure the Secretariat delivers on its
Qualification, Knowledge and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronic (Telecommunications & Microwaves options), or its equivalent in a related field from a recognized tertiary institution in Kenya and or an internationally accredited University.
- At least 8 years’ relevant experience with three (3) at a directly subordinate
- Knowledge of Public policy formulation that involves ability to articulate, interpret and implement National and International policies development goals
- In addition, any of the below would be an added advantage:
- Corporate Member Engineers Registration Board (R. Eng)
- Corporate Member of the Institute of Engineers of Kenya (MIEK)
- Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized
Method of Application
Interested applicants who meet the below requirements can email their applications to [email protected] or submit to:
- Applications must include a cover letter stating how the applicant meets required specifications and a detailed CV including work experience and three professional referees with complete and current contact information.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and should submit the following among other documents; Police Clearance Certificate, from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations; Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board; Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority; Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
- NCS values diversity therefore Special Interest Groups including youth, women, Persons with Disability (PWD) and Minority & Marginalized are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Website: www.ncs.go.ke
- Twitter: @ncs_kenya
National Communications Secretariat
PO. Box 10756 – 00100
NAIROBI TRANSCOM House
9TH Floor –Room 14
The post Communications Radio Technology Expert at National Communications Secretariat appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.