Communications Specialist Job The National Treasury
Communications Specialist Jobs, Communications Jobs 2020, The National Treasury Jobs
Position: Communications Specialist Ref: Fllcoa/Piu/Cs/2019-20 -1 Post
The main objective of the Communications Specialist’s assignment is to develop and oversee implementation of a comprehensive communication strategy for the Climate Finance and Green Economy Program to enable the FLLCoA , Climate Finance and Green Economy Unit, MDAs and Counties to effectively engage with its various stakeholders
Create Awareness on Climate Finance and Green Economy through appropriates outreach products.
- Design and execute strategies to increase awareness on Climate Finance and Green Economy (Locally – Led Climate Change initiatives), their rationale, benefits and progress of the Program in the country;
- Develop information material (Fliers, brochures, FAQs, Presentations, documentaries) to highlight the progress of the Climate Finance and Green Economy (Locally –Led Climate Change initiatives);
- Manage and coordinate production of various information publications by the Climate Finance and Green Economy Unit to build understanding and support of the
- Respond to queries on Climate Finance and Green Economy (Locally –Led Climate Change Initiatives) by prospective investors, private sector, public agencies and the citizenry.
Establish Program Brand, Public / Media Relations
- Maintain a comprehensive and current database of key media houses and media practitioners in the region.
- Build and maintain strong and mutually beneficial ties with members of the press
- Develop press releases, fact sheets, holding statements and newspaper supplements to keep the media and the country well informed of the Climate Finance and Green Economy (Locally –Led Climate Change Initiatives) agenda in the
- Co-ordinate and manage Public Notices, Advertisements and Promotional Campaigns as may be re- quired from time to
- In consultation with FLLCoA Program and Climate Finance and Green Economy Unit staff, draft ap- propriate articles on program areas for issuance by the Unit and National Treasury
- Co-ordinate media appearances/interviews for Program and the Unit management and technical re- source
- Manage any crisis communication that may arise including drafting responses to misinformation in the media.
Develop a Stakeholders’ Engagement Plan
- Maintain an up-to-date data base and relation with the donor / development partner community and act as an effective
- Keep a comprehensive and up to date contact list of all key stakeholders to the
- Organize and coordinate meetings with key stakeholders to generate understanding and support of the Program and Climate Finance and Green Economy
- Constantly explore areas/ideas/activities of mutual benefit and partnership between the Unit, FLLCoA and her
- Plan and execute strategies to address any concerns between the Unit, FLLCoA and any of her stakeholders.
Support Event Management
- Arrange and coordinate workshops and conferences for the Unit and
- Manage Protocol related issues and guest relations for the Unit
- Plan and coordinate appearance of the Unit in local and international fora to champion Climate Change and Green Economy
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure Climate Finance and Green Economy Unit Staff and Con- sultants are well updated on the progress of various agenda by the
- Organize events that contribute to better communication, understanding and teamwork within the
Managing Website, Disclosure Portal and Corporate Email Address
- Frequently updating the Climate Finance and Green Economy Unit
- Responding to all queries in the corporate email address in an efficient
- Periodically reviewing the design and layout of the Climate Finance and Green Economy Unit Website to ensure it is fit for
- Design and implement programs to communicate and simplify the Climate Finance and Green Economy agenda to the ordinary citizens for their
- Positively highlight results and achievements of the FLLCoA
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Program Coordinator or
- A master’s degree in communication, mass media, public relations or a related
- A minimum of eight (8) years of professional experience in communication work (preferably development communications) in senior management of a communication function, developed and implemented effective communication strategies and
- Outstanding communication skills both in written and spoken medium with a strong command of English and Kiswahili
- Working knowledge in Climate Finance and Green Economy frameworks will be an additional
- Strong interpersonal and team
How to apply
Complete Application documents (curriculum vitae with details of your qualifications, experience, day and evening telephone numbers, email address and names of three referees) with Position reference and name clearly marked on top should be emailed or sent to the address below.
Program Implementation Unit
P.O. Box 30007-00100
E-mail: [email protected]
Deadline for submission of Applications is 9th June, 2020 at 1600 hours Kenyan local time.