Community Field Technologists at KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP)
The KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is based within the KEMRI Centre for Geographic Medical Research – (Coast). Our core activities are funded by the Wellcome Trust. We conduct integrated epidemiological, social, laboratory and clinical research in parallel, with results feeding into local and international health policy. Our research platforms include state-of-the-art laboratories, a demographic surveillance system covering a quarter of a million residents, partnership with Kilifi County Hospital in health care and hospital surveillance, a clinical trials facility, a vibrant community engagement programme and a dedicated training facility. The KWTRP leadership includes the Executive Director Philip Bejon, the KEMRI Centre Director Benjamin Tsofa, the Ag. Nairobi Programme director Mike English and the Chief Operating Officer Catherine Kenyatta.
Vacancy No: CGHR/147/07/20
No of Positions: 2
Reports to: Study Coordinator
The Community Field Technologist will report directly to the Study Coordinator and will be responsible for collecting timely and accurate data in his or her assigned study site.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The community interviewers’ responsibilities shall include and not be limited to the following:
- Conduct community sensitization meetings
- Assist with recruitment of participants to enroll in study
- Collect timely data using ODK
- Complete study forms accurately and completely
- Perform quality control checks on study forms
- Communicate with the Study Coordinator/designee on field issues
- Assist in participant follow up and home verifications
- Attend study meetings and report on progress of work
- Be courteous, respectful, proactive, conscientious, punctual, honest and hardworking
- Complete any other duties assigned or delegated by the supervisor.
- Diploma in Community Development, Social Work, Community Health or any related field
- Experience in using Computer applications
- Experience in data collection using ODK
- Spoken and written English, Swahili and Luo languages
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: This is a three months’ contract and salary is based on KEMRI scales.
The post Community Field Technologists at KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.