Community Interviewers (10 Positions) at Kenya Medical Research Institute
- Company: KEMRI
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
The community interviewers will report directly to study coordinator and will be responsible for collecting timely and accurate data in their assigned households and health facilities
The community interviewers’ responsibilities shall include and not limited to the following:
- Supervise distribution and replacement of Envelopes by Community Health Volunteers (CHVs)
- Coordinate with the CHVs and develop the distribution and replacement plan for Envelopes
- Coordinate the pickup of Envelopes from the stores by CHVs each morning and return of remaining ones to the store by close of day
- Plan appropriately to ensure availability of all supplies required for product distribution and replacement
- Ensure that data on Envelope distribution and replacement is captured accurately and completed using the tablets
- Attend study debriefing meetings and present reports on progress within assigned clusters
- Be courteous, respectful, honest, proactive, conscientious, punctual and hardworking
- Complete any other duties assigned or delegated by the management
- Must be able to ride a motorcycle
- Must be able to operate and take care of an electronic data collection instrument such as a tablet.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with members of the community.
- Must be able to coordinate with their respective Product manager at the designated study clusters.
- Must be honest, truthful and able to handle challenging situations in the field.
- Work with minimal supervision and be a team player
- Able to devote additional time for the study including working over national and public holidays.
Terms of Employment: 1-year renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service and a Probation period for the first 3 months.
Remuneration: Compensation is negotiable within a relevant grade, based on education levels, relevant experience and demonstrated competency. The salary scheme is based on the KEMRI scales plus supplemental amounts
How to Apply
Applications should include the following:
Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number)
Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae with Telephone number and e-mail address
Three letters of reference with contact telephone numbers
Copies of KCSE Certificate and National Identity Card.
Apply to Director, CGHR, P.O. Box 1578-40100, Kisumu not later than December 3, 2019.