Community Interviewers at KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP)
The KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is based within the KEMRI Centre for Geographic Medical Research – (Coast). Our core activities are funded by the Wellcome Trust. We conduct integrated epidemiological, social, laboratory and clinical research in parallel, with results feeding into local and international health policy. Our research platforms include state-of-the-art laboratories, a demographic surveillance system covering a quarter of a million residents, partnership with Kilifi County Hospital in health care and hospital surveillance, a clinical trials facility, a vibrant community engagement programme and a dedicated training facility. The KWTRP leadership includes the Executive Director Philip Bejon, the KEMRI Centre Director Benjamin Tsofa, the Ag. Nairobi Programme director Mike English and the Chief Operating Officer Catherine Kenyatta.
No of Positions: 15
Vacancy No: CGHR/146/07/20
Reports to: Study Coordinator
The community interviewer will report directly to the Study Coordinator and will be responsible for collecting timely and accurate data in his or her assigned site.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- The community interviewers’ responsibilities shall include and not be limited to the following:
- Consent study participants
- Collect data as per study protocol using tablets
- Assist with recruitment of participants to enroll in study
- Complete study forms accurately and completely
- Communicate with the Study Coordinator/designee on field issues
- Attend study meetings and report on progress of work
- Be courteous, respectful, proactive, conscientious, punctual, honest and hardworking
- Complete any other related tasks assigned or delegated by the supervisor
- O-Level secondary education with a minimum grade of C-
- Experience in using Computer applications
- Ability to work with smart phones and tablets
- Spoken and written English, Swahili and Luo languages
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: This is a three months’ contract and salary is based on KEMRI scales.
The post Community Interviewers at KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.