Compliance & Contracts Partner – Africa, ME & UK
* Do you want to do work that really matters?
* Full time, Permanent Position
* Preferred location in Nairobi – Kenya office
Professor Fred Hollows is widely acknowledged as a great Australian. He was an innovator who believed in rolling up his sleeves and getting things done. The Fred Hollows Foundation is determined to continue Fred’s legacy to work for a world in which no person is needlessly blind or vision impaired.
We are known around the world as a leading international development organisation that works with purpose and determination. Our goals are ambitious, focused and achievable, making what we do even more exciting!
It’s not just what we do that’s important, it’s the way that we do it that matters. We work hand in hand with our communities and partners who together, share the same goals and determination. We focus on results and are passionate about making affordable and accessible eye care a reality for everyone, so that no one person is needlessly blind. Working together we deepen our impact!
About the role
The Compliance & Contracts Partner will contribute to the achievement of The Fred Hollows Foundation’s contract and compliance objectives by managing the development, implementation and monitoring of various processes and policies as they relate to the overarching compliance framework. You will also draft and manage contracts and be a qualified lawyer and able to assist with legal matters as required.
Key responsibilities & outcomes
* To consider the implications of contractual, legislative and regulatory requirements and undertake compliance monitoring procedures as necessary in the fulfilment of these compliance requirements for all country offices in which The Foundation operates.
* Acting as The Foundation’s Safeguarding People Focal Point and potentially its Privacy Focal Point.
* Documentation and dissemination of procedures to promote contractual, legislative and regulatory compliance.
* Assess the impact of legislative changes to the business and ensure the business units are fully informed.
* Support the development and maintenance of The Foundation’s risk framework, contracts management, policies, processes and culture to empower and skill our people to proactively identify, disclose and manage risk to enable stronger overall performance and compliance.
* Provide effective and timely legal advice to the business as requested, being cognisant of the not for profit international development sector and The Foundation’s context and reputation.
* Three years’ experience as a lawyer, preferably in both private practice and in-house ideally within a global organisation.
* Experience developing and implementing compliance frameworks.
* Experience with drafting contracts, ideally programmatic and effective contract managementWorking knowledge of the regulatory and policy framework for charitable corporations, including public corporations limited by guarantee, and DFAT / DFID / ACFID Code of Practice or local equivalent is highly desirable
* Ability to work inclusively and influence and communicate legal and compliance concepts and principles to people with limited knowledge in these areas and different
The nice to haves!
* Comprehensive knowledge of regulatory framework for charities and not-for-profits desirable
* Experience working in international development organisations
* Basic understanding of eye health
How to apply and who to contact
To learn more about this position and life at The Fred Hollows Foundation please visit our Careers page
Alternatively, If you would like to chat further with one of our Talent Acquisition Team member please email us at
Applications Close: 12th May, 2020
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have the appropriate right to work in the country where the job is located.
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment.